What defines a 'bump'

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by Devil's Advocate, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate Powder Monkey

I've noticed lately some guilds tend to keep adding comments to keep their recruiting thread on first page of recent posts or near the top of the recruiting threads section. I have nothing against these guilds personally. In fact, they are great guilds. But it almost seems like certain guilds are having a behind the scenes competition to see who can keep their recruiting thread ahead of each other. I understand it is up to the Mods to determine what constitutes a 'bump', just curious if anyone is tired of seeing the same guild(s) promoting themselves constantly.

Krayzkat likes this.
  2. TBird

TBird Captain

Nope

Bumpo_O

There is a small pool of top guilds on here, so it may seem that you see the same guilds over and over in the recruitment thread.

But when there are only 5-7 really active guilds (some with 2-3 teams) that have a lot of very active players, each of those team with a captain and first officers looking for new recruits, it may seem that there is just a few guilds "bumping" all the time.

The smaller guilds, single team guilds, non active guilds will seem to get lost in the noise.

Only contest is to try to get good players before the other guild grabs them.

3. Tex

Tex Commodore

What @TBird said.

Cough. Bump. :cool:

Christy likes this.
  4. Ian

Ian Commodore

It should also be noted, that it is these same few active members from the larger guilds that also comment, congratulate and encourage (and Bump) the recruitment posts of a lot of the smaller/newer guilds.

5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

That they do. :) I think we should all try to be fair about bumping. For example, if I see a guild's post was bumped to #1 within the last few minutes, I'll delay posting in my guild's thread for a little bit, so they can have more time at the top.

If a guild started nonstop bumping their thread, I expect that would not go over well :)

TBird, Christy and Ian like this.
  6. Devil's Advocate

Bump here, bump there, bumps everywhere :D

7. Tex

Tex Commodore

[​IMG]

Bear likes this.
  8. Devil's Advocate

Getting a little bumpy in here.

9. Devil's Advocate

Time for another bump.

10. Devil's Advocate

Dump, rump, bump.

Sorry, just find some of these threads bumps to be ridiculous.

11. Liquix

Liquix Crew

That's just an another strategy of the fight for members of TOP guilds:
    Bumping threads of new guilds to make the threads of big guilds go down :D

Just kidding ofc.

12. Devil's Advocate

13. Tex

Tex Commodore

Wasn't it Shakespeare who said, "To bump or not to bump. That is the question." ;)

[​IMG]

14. Devil's Advocate

Think it was the poet Pope that said "To post is human, to bump, divine".

15. Devil's Advocate

Guess another 20 minutes has passed, must be bump time.