What do bombers attack?

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Cap'n Cletus, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Cap'n Cletus

Cap'n Cletus Powder Monkey

What is with the exclamtion above the bombers head? They get an exclamation, and then run ahead of all the other troops and attack random things, such as walls, pirate hall, collectors, anything. The stupid exclamation causes them to run ahead of brutes into fire, where they quickly die. Because they do this, they are worthless and unusable. Why do they attack random things? What is with the exclamation? This is very annoying and frustrating, and really just dumb, why would troops act so stupid?

2. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Look from 1:16-1:23……

There is your answer.

PlunderPirate likes this.
  3. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

So simple...it's that he got a bright idea!

Brilliant!

Edward Kenway likes this.
  4. Cap'n Cletus

Does anyone have a real answer? I'd like to know if this is a bug, or if my bombers are actually supposed to be this terrible. They stop attacking buildings before they're destroyed, and start attacking others. No other troops act like this at all

5. Cap'n Cletus

Quit wasting time

Edward Kenway likes this.
  6. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Sorry @Cap'n Cletus To be honest, the AI does seem a bit wonky and from the replays if looks like the exclamation point is to show a target was found. @Chris [Midoki] - want to weigh in here?

7. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Yes the exclamation mark is to signify they have found a target, however they are an erratic character and get easily distracted by other things.

8. lovely little fellows they are..

9. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

You use them in battle? any success with them? Mine isn't upgraded so I can't really tell if they are good or not atm.

10. I got them at level 6, and I take 10 with me everytime. They have two purposes in my setup. Either clean up (a bit like gunners, just more damage) or.. (and I love this one) create chaos, using the bombers as suicide targets creating massive damage to defenses so brutes/gunners can finish them off

11. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

haha lol:D So you think they are worth upgrading? atm I go for 8 brutes and the rest gunners (19 or 18 i believe)
    Once I get juggernauts i will buy 10 of those, and probably 20 gunners, or 10 buccs and 10 gunners.

What is your current army composition?

12. 5 brutes, 20 gunners and 10 bombers

13. Peril

Peril Powder Monkey

When the bombers explode does it affect nearby friendly units or not?

14. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Only enemy buildings.

15. Peril

Peril Powder Monkey

Thanks. I had in my mind whether to use them or not in the battle. Since they do no harm with friendly units. I will add them up to the combat unit.