What is your best method for getting to a mortar?

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by Tumba, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Two AoA: main attack (Brutes and Buccs) use AoA1 and flank attack (Gunners) use AoA2. Consider main attack: first land the Brutes, they are fired on by weapon in corner and move toward it, after weapons fix on Brutes, send in the Buccs as support. The Brutes will be attacked by the mortars. So, when they finish with the corner weapon, they "turn the corner" towards the mortars. When the mortars fix on the Brutes, send in the flank attack. Since "no plan survives contact with the enemy", expect some of the Brutes to get attracted to weapons (e.g., the Ship) outside the AoA1. No problem. Fairly quickly, the full weight of the attack is on the central mortars. After that ends, it's crush the remnants time (if you've got anybody left).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
    Kit and Tumba like this.
  2. Consider what happens if you send in the Gunners first on AoA2 as a diversion. The mortars will get attracted to them instead of the Brutes and wipe them out before the Brutes and Buccs can get to the mortars.

Now, consider using the Brutes and Buccs on AoA2 as the main attack and the Gunners on AoA1 as the supporting attack. The Gunners won't turn the corner towards the mortars to help the main assault. The Gunners will just spread out if sent in on AoA1.

I'm going to go back and cleanup my posts showing my ignorance of including files. If others do the same, we'll have a nice clean thread. Thanks for everyone's patience.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
    Tumba likes this.
  3. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Good post @DobleTippen1st. Excellent description of the attack, now if only the coordinating pirated would attack what I specifically yell at them to attack...

Tumba and Kit like this.