Whats the point of Cool Down?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Resarf, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Resarf

Resarf Captain

I really dont get it.

Cool down to me, means stop training troops for 2 hours when the Pirate Catcher goes offline.

I apreciate the 26 hour cycle so people in different timezones get a chance to fund etc, but why does it need to stop at all. I cant think of a single reason.

Why not have it on a 22 hour cycle, which means it gets funded more often and people can keep playing the game the way the like to play it.

There is a huge difference between 45% and 0% on the pirate catcher, thus why I and I assume others stop playing for this period.

Same applies to the other perks also.

2. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

It is for the benefit of people like me who play 24/7. Those two hours allow me to sleep for 1 hour and 45 mins, take a quick shower and pat my two young kids on the head as I rush back to fund it for my next 22 hour marathon raiding session :D

All kidding aside, I also never understood the purpose of the cool down in certain guild perks, especially those offensive in nature. There might be a slight valid argument for the defensive guild perks, but even that argument would be weak at best.

Edward Kenway likes this.
  3. Arr

Arr Captain

Think you hit it on the head about the timing. Putting a 2 hour cooldown in a 26 hour total cycle allows for the perk timing to be offset by 2 hours everyday. This means the time of funding rotates every 12 days and gives the multinational guilds a chance to fund at a time convenient for them (and not, say, 4:19 AM). I see your point though - players usually take breaks around the cooldown time.

Barbed and Skull King like this.
  4. Captain Didwell

Captain Didwell First Mate

I guess they did this to make the game more challenging and way ahead in the future that people can somehow needed to wait and take a break.:D

5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I think it also forces players to adapt. The army you send with a L3 Blacksmith may not be the best one to send with a blacksmith in cooldown. Still, it's more of an annoyance, especially since the PC is now such a huge time reducer.

And my MAJOR problem with this.. Stuff which is begin during cooldown doesn't get the bonus when it's funded, so I say move the PC and Observatory to a nonstop 22 or 26 hour cycle. Defensive buildings, I can live with a cooldown.

6. Burnz

Burnz Captain

In theory it was probably a good idea, but in action its pretty terrible. I am all for the 22 or 26 hour without a cool down to move it around timezones. And like @Kelani mentioned earlier, for me at least, without having the lvl3 blacksmith up, I would choose a much different army.

7. Christy

Christy Commodore

All of our perks are up for funding at the exact same time. As much as I hate the cooldown time at least it offsets what time of day they are up for funding so it's not always the same people day after day funding them all.

8. Floki

Floki Captain

I like the cycle and it also means you can hit bases that are not perked 24/7 2 hour window.
    Works for me as said above time zone thingamejig.

Christy likes this.