What's the point of the bomber?

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by boomhower, Nov 16, 2014.

1. boomhower

boomhower Powder Monkey

I don't get it. I initially thought it would be like clash where they went for walls but doesn't seem so. Seems like more or less the same as the gunner. What am I missing here?

2. Bear

Bear Commodore

It does target walls if they are in range. And it's dead man trigger skill can clear whole chunks of walls. I use bombers in my regular raiding crew.

3. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

I agree, they should shout Allahu Akbar then explode. Right now they just seem like confused UPS delivery men with ADD and bombs.

4. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

@boomhower What Bear said, but they can do some serious damage when upgraded. If you're on tomorrow and there's no maintenance log cleanout tonight, drop in chat. I'll show you a replay of what a ton of bombers did to my base. It was nasty.

5. mana

mana Crew

Bombers are apart from strong also great team characters, have you noticed that sometimes when a few of them attack an building they end up leaving it undestroyed and run to support the larger group destroying another building?. Also watch them make a run when they are in range of walls, nothing can stop their speed at that moment! :D funny to see too.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  6. Kizmatti

Kizmatti First Mate

Bombers are pretty weak without upgrades. They receive the highest damage increases of any troop.

Upgrade them thru lvl 5, so they get their special - Kaboom.

5 of my bombers took down a lvl 7 PH in about 5 seconds.

7. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

I recently started implementing about 5 into my lineup for bases with upgrades walls. They are very useful in that regard. Other than that they aren't great.

8. Bear

Bear Commodore

I use 10 bombers. And many battles I have bombers survive till the end. Doing a lot of damage along the way. You just have to use them right. Time when you deploy them with the mortar fire to help them make it off the shore without dying. Use good supporting teams. I use 6 juggs 10 bombers 1 frank and 36 gunners.

9. -APES-

-APES- First Mate

My bombers are currently at level 14 but will soon be 15 in one day 6 hrs.....tick tick tick. I never put the bombers into the rotation until some serious training went down lev 13. I think of them as my 3rd child now as they cost so much to school. Bottom line is they are valuable and much needed. As the bases get increasing more difficult the need for the bombers to take down some walls becomes clear. Good luck and happy Plundering

10. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I stopped mine just before Kabooom, because it's a broken skill. First, it stuns your troops, but the big problem is, even through the animation of the blast is huge, the radius where buildings are actually damaged is so low, it doesn't damage anything. The bomber can detonate it right next to a building, as close as he can stand, and it just won't cause any damage.

11. SaK

SaK First Mate

i didnt used to use them before but now after having updated them highest to the acdemy lvl 4, they have become devasted. I use 7-8 bombers in my regular crew now.(as my troop capacity is still 50.)
    But still dont understand why they are so confused! :confused:they just leave their target in between and go for some other buildings in the halfway while attacking.

Even then they do a huge ton of damage...its nice to put few in the crew!!!:cool:

12. Cap'n Creeperb

Cap'n Creeperb First Mate

Bombers are like the kamikaze of Plunder Pirates.

13. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Well, people who make bombs tend to inhale a lot of nasty fumes, so it's a good bet they're a bit psychotic. :D Other than that, It's either random, or they leave/go after certain kinds of buildings when they reach a certain HP. Not really sure.

14. SaK

SaK First Mate

lol...;)
    ya maybe ur right