When Chris talks...we listen

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shark Bait, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

Wish one of you regulars here would start a thread of things Chris and other Admins say are in the works. It is hard for some of us to keep track of all the threads and planned improvements. It might also cut down on the complaints if people can go to one thread to keep track of all the issues currently being worked on, improvements planned in the pipeline. Ideas discussed and considered. Even if you can't always cut and paste Chris's actually comments, just mention of current and future plans in the thread would be extremely helpful. Thanks

Admin [Midoki] likes this.
  2. Bear

Bear Commodore

Just go to Chris, or any other staff members profile and look at their content. It's a tab you can click and see all of their posts.

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  3. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Exactly. I mean, I read every post but I have a problem. Then when something is mentioned I go to their profile page to look at their postings to find out where they acknowledged something in the pipeline, or dispelled a rumor. It's the best way and highly recommended. If you start doing this, you too can be considered a regular :)

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. and Bear like this.
  4. Bear

Bear Commodore

yea. Same here. I read every post, but i haven't been here as long as others and I miss things, or don't remember well. Their profile helps a ton.

5. Admins. You need to give these players a forum job, very helpful pirates and active on forum;)....I'm Lord MEGATRON and i support this post. Paid for by the Gangrene beard /Bear for forum staff position2014 group.

They didn't paid me to say that;););)

6. Bear

Bear Commodore

Gangrene can handle the politics.. I'm just here to look pretty and kiss the babies on the head. :D

7. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I have a job. This is merely a hobby. Now imagine how much attention to detail I give when I'm actually paid lol

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. and Bear like this.
  8. Bear

Bear Commodore

same here. Just a hobby... Actually. I don't like being a mod.. I have been on a few gaming forums in the past and i feel it restricts my posting. lol. Express an opinion on something and people are like "is that official?!!!!"

9. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

I have enough difficulty just being crew.

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  10. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

Granted, some of the regulars are very efficient at staying up to date on the posts and know how to search for Chris' past posts. I am just not certain if the casual visitor or lurker knows who Chris or the other admins are, and how to search for their posts.

11. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Which is why I try to gently push them in that direction when it's appropriate. It doesn't always stick, but I try.

Bear likes this.
  12. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

Kind of like how the update thread is titled "The Hype Train" might confuse some people who just joined. A pinned thread under Announcements titled "Updates" would end that problem and only admins would be able to post on it.

Bear and Gangrene Beard like this.
  13. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Brilliant idea i do believe

14. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Wasn't that what the OP alluded to?

A pinned updated thread with the first 5 post reserved by the op - Gangrene (regular poster) should serve.

15. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

It was the idea I believe, I was more explaining the reason for the confusion.

roguecylon likes this.
  16. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Ha! You caught me! Don't forum while on painkillers apparently. Ok, I'll gather up all the posts and serve them in one spot now that I'm clear headed again. Good idea @Shark Bait

17. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

Whoa now, If we can moderate while on a substance I would throw my name into the fray. I'm a HUGE fan of the Grog, (And if you are active, chatty, a HUGE fan of the Grog and need a guild then join me at Zer0 Wing) but needless plug aside, I would love to be the "Non-Official" Moderator of random postings with humorous quips, references and sayings. Sure I have no clue what that exactly means and what I would do, but that's half the beauty. Think about it, the possibilities are end....ing at 3.

Bear and Gangrene Beard like this.
  18. Look out dark zero smoking the grog pipe again...o_O

Tsbird fish breath likes this.
  19. ramblings of a math major lol......stats braho_O

Tsbird fish breath likes this.