When we will see PH12 and new LP?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Burian, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Burian

Burian Crew

Hello,

In our guild many players are asking when we can see a new PH and some new LP.
    One year is gone from PH11, we haven't anything to upgrade since long time......

Can Midoki tell something new about this or about the next new features of the game?

Tnks and have a nice game everybody

Bye

Slim Hawks and acersharp1 like this.
  2. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

:eek: Another PH? No thanks! I'm hoping Midoki can come up with something better than another round of farming upgrades. Besides a lot of my pirate friends don't even have enough BP for another academy. We are talking about hardcore gemming (spenders) here with max islands not new pirates. :(

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  3. Blueberry

Blueberry Captain

I am pretty much maxed PH11 and in no rush for a new PH - some new gameplay would be better.

I am really enjoying the guild events, I think that has added a new dimension to guilds :)

4. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

I'd quote Lynsey and say "soon". :D

5. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

I'd rather see improved events, duplicate outfits erased and actually get an outfit, strongholds available on a regular basis and rumbles fixed before another Pirate Hall is rolled out.

6. Barbe Rose

Barbe Rose Crew

I couldn’t agree more with Intimidator, Blueberry and Sea Patriot. A new PH with a new farming wave would bring nothing good. That’s the kind of development choices that will make players quit the game.

New LPs or outfits, now that’s something else, not very exiting but yeah why not …

You have a new unit (Aeronaut), new guild events, and soon a new map. Don’t be ungrateful:p; it’s going the right way. New (or improved) gameplay is the way forward, not new PH (that would take what? A month to upgrade?).

7. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

Yes, improved events and other NEW features rather than other upgrades.

Let me explain again how upgrading our PH and other things is not desirable...

One goes to sleep with a maxed base and wakes up weeks behind. How on earth is this something one would want?! All of our hard work is ignored and the prize is just moved farther way.

Upgrading the PH, and walls especially is NOT DESIRED.

8. Mr. Hammerhead

Mr. Hammerhead Powder Monkey

I just got to PH 11. It's not fun upgrading. Maybe better matchups during rumbles would be a great idea.

9. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

Gonna have to agree with everyone on this thread. I am not quite maxed out yet and have no desire for a new ph rn. Yes ofc the time will come when ph12 is not only reasonable but necessary, but for now I would like new content that adds new dimensions to the game before any additional upgrades to existing structures.

10. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Sorry.... You can count me out.

TiGeR

Scarlet Fever likes this.
  11. Sibeto

Sibeto Crew

I'm a new PH10 and feel like a new PH would just feel like, i can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    A better rumble system.
    New fresh blood that wants to continue to play this game.
    The Guild wars ?
    Another Event ?
    Another LP, My LF has empty slots.
    So many new features need to be added before a new PH arrives.

12. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Guild Wars, now that's a forgotten topic
    s

Intimidator and Scarlet Fever like this.
  13. acersharp1

acersharp1 First Mate

You guys are missing the point. I still think a new PH is important. Just because we add all these events - it doesn't mean it will bring OLD PLAYERS BACK.

But if more and more players get to PH11 with nothing else in sight - they will also leave.

Yes we need those things - but they are specific to you only...we need both and we need it fast.

14. Barbe Rose

Barbe Rose Crew

Hi acersharp1,

I think we do get the point. The thing is if you want “just” a new PH, with nothing else, I’m sure Midoki can arrange that for you only…:p;)

But really they are thinks in sight, even if you arrived at PH11. As I said, you had two new defenses that you have to learn to use or go around. A new unit, that is bring new challenges. New events, new map, new costumes… One could almost say that you had new stuff every month lately, so that’s an improvement.

Rather than having “a new PH” that will only bring more of the same (one new level for some defenses and walls) you should specify what you would like to see. I do believe new things are necessary, and we (at least the players) do love to hear about new specific ideas for new things. Like a new level for towers for example (with a new sniper ability. That’s something I read here somewhere not my personal choice:confused:).

I don’t really think “a new PH” will bring “old players back” (yes, not in capital letters ;)). I came back only recently, and it was not because I heard about a new PH. We should worry about people who could leave, not people who already left.

I believe this game is turning more into a fighting game, and not into a slow farming game like it may have felt sometimes in the past. I also read repeated comments from Midoki saying that they do not want to make a game for farmers only. So there is hope.

Slim Hawks likes this.
  15. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

I don't think anyone is really missing the point @acersharp1 I agree with you there is a place for a new ph in the future and honestly not that far off. By the first quarter I would really hope to see a new ph honestly (probably in the minority here) but the game also needs some other new things to keep interest instead of new levels to everything. Expanding the current game (for now is the way to go) once we have some more guild competitions and things that make you want to play and attack then add new levels for what exists as people will then have more incentive to participate in events and guild competitions etc. They need to expand that part of the game first tho.

Also keep in mind midokis separation from Rovio wasn't even a year ago and it takes time to implement the type of features that will get the game back on track. Midoki has certainly started down the right path so I believe they will continue down said path. They have also said there are big things coming "soon" it takes time to program these things I'm sure which is why the updates have been small recently, but I really do believe we will be getting some really cool game changing features soon. Hopefully that will then be followed by a new ph

16. Slim Hawks

Slim Hawks Crew

I get where you are coming from @acersharp1, it is one of the things that we do in games -- get to the next level. Then when there are no more levels left, we've completed the game, and for some of us that spells boredom, a lack of purpose, and a reason to leave. For others it's the grind that's associated with leveling up. I enjoy this game tremendously, but I do not particularly like upgrading the walls: it's tedious, repetitive, and somehow less fulfilling than upgrading other structures (like the academy -- perhaps because there's only one of these, but also due to the multiple functions that come with the next level of that building). I think that Midoki have got it right just now, expanding gameplay while keeping the upgrading manageable, or to use @Sibeto 's apt metaphor, so that players can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Whether to direct resources on a new PH level all depends on the game dashboard -- the percentage of players that have attained PH11, compared to all the other players who are on their way there, and of that percentage of PH11 players, what sub-percentage would like to see a new PH; and also how many PH11 players are leaving the game due to the lack of a new PH. If the statistics indicate that the last two groups are the majority, or perhaps not the majority but the players that have most impact on the game (in terms of creating the environment that makes the game engaging and fun), then it's definitely time for a new PH.

17. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

The Northern Seas map will be introduced in the next update (see this thread if you want a chance to name one of its islands!). We're working on lots of stuff for the future, both in terms of new things and improving existing ones!

18. Burian

Burian Crew

Thank you Lynsey and thank also for the ideas of other players.
    Bye

19. Slim Hawks

Slim Hawks Crew

That sounds amazing -- looking forward to it, thanks for all the great work on the game :)

Scarlet Fever and Blueberry like this.
  20. Sibeto

Sibeto Crew

I thought we had agreed on Sibeto Island ?

Scarlet Fever and Intimidator like this.