When's the next event?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ultimate Sea Dog, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

When's the next event? I really want another voodoo outfit...

2. Ian

Ian Commodore

I believe that the events are being alternated every month or so; this make the next one 'Thunderstruck' scheduled early in October (or whenever Midoki decide to run it) :rolleyes:

Mobotts likes this.
  3. Mobotts

Mobotts Captain

I've also heard it's no guarantee for a voodoo outfit anymore at the end... anyone confirm?

4. McQ

McQ Captain

I thought you were still guaranteed a voodoo outfit in the dapper closet. However you can get a duplicate and if you do it's 1000 gems instead.

Personally I wish they'd make it so you only got outfits you didn't have and it surely could be easily coded to prevent duplicates. But some people prefer to get the gems so I'm maybe not in the majority there?

Love the stormy bases for thunderstruck. But not the imminent grog shortage which always happens a day into that event :confused:

Blueberry and Tessa Rose like this.
  5. Ian

Ian Commodore

As far as I'm aware you will still get a Voodoo Outfit in the last Dapper Chest. But no guarantee it won't be a Duplicate. The last two events I have ended up with a Duplicate and the bonus I received instead was 1000 Gems.

6. Mobotts

Mobotts Captain

Interesting... I will follow up, had at least one person get a regular outfit with no buffs for the last event and was curious if it was a glitch.

7. Cocobean

Cocobean First Mate

I would be very unhappy to get all the way to the end and be rewarded with a non voodoo outfit.

8. Mobotts

Mobotts Captain

They certainly weren't happy.

9. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

@Mobotts think it would be almost impossible for them to have not gotten a Voodoo outfit or the gems in the final chest of completing the event. They might have confused which chest they opened.

10. Mobotts

Mobotts Captain

I'll double check, but he's a long time player who isnt easily confused lol. Please hold

11. Ian

Ian Commodore

The 1st chest 1/2 way along contains a non-voodoo outfit but the chest at the end should contain either a voodoo outfit or gems

12. Mobotts

Mobotts Captain

Nope, @deePS77V8 confirmed he got a non-voodoo outfit or gems. He got a plain old outfit

13. Urdrlaev

Urdrlaev Powder Monkey

I think it's a game bug Mobotts, could happen sometimes. I received a voodoo one and my guild mates too.

14. Juggernaut

Juggernaut First Mate

I had finished every single event since they came out with this concept (5 or 6 this far) and only in this past events I got my 2nd Voodoo Outfit, got my 1st one in the 2nd event, so this had been happening for a long time to many people, I even got the common Heart of Glass outfit for Cornelius in back to back events.
    It's very, very disappointing to say the least when you are very diligent to finish this events and get served, I don't really care about the gems or the meaningless non Voodoo outfits cause that's something I can buy with money, the ones with the buff you can't

McQ and Mobotts like this.
  15. Mobotts

Mobotts Captain

Yeah he was certainly disappointed. Hopefully this is something they change. Makes the events a bit frustrating

16. deePS77V8

deePS77V8 Crew

I got a common outfit in my final chest. That is the second time that has happened to me and one time I got 1000 gems instead. I did pull 2 voodoo outfits from one event early on so maybe Midoki is just balancing my karma.

Mobotts likes this.