Where are the materials in Strongbox chest?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Intimidator, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Just curious if I’m the only one that gets this almost every time. Why do Strongbox seems to only drop outfits mostly since the past few month? It used to be a good source for more rarer materials, but struggling to find anything other than common materials in chest contents. So my point is ....why do we have more events only to get nerfed chest that don’t really give anything you need. Most, if any materials I get are basically trash. I used to enjoy events because I got stuff I actually needed, but lately it seems I’m playing them to get nothing. (Exception being some possible gems from guild events) that’s about the only thing to get excited about really :(

These are just a few pics I remembered to snap a shot of. There are dozens more I could have posted but it’s more of the same.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

lady blackbeard and MorganFlint like this.
  2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

There's an issue with some of the levels of Strongboxes where the material drop rate is lower than we'd like it to be - they are in there though! We'll have a fix out soon.

MorganFlint and Intimidator like this.
  3. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Thanks for replying! I’ll hold onto my SB chest until I hear they have been fixed. It’s outfits madness lol.

4. Broadside

Broadside Crew

Is there any ETA on this little fix?

Intimidator and MorganFlint like this.
  5. Lynsey [Midoki]

It'll be out with the next update (no date on that yet, but we are working on it!).

6. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I’ve been seeing a lot more outfits in Lucky chest as well. Hoping those chest haven’t been tampered with to increase outfits instead of materials as well. I know they have a much more wide variety of stuff. Just figured I’d point out there seems to be more and more outfits popping up in chest other than Strongbox chest. (Not nearly as obvious though);)

I think if any chest could use a tweak more than any would be the Dapper Closet...I don’t really care all that much about outfits (obviously), but I think one of the top prizes being an outfit chest should really have a better chance of a higher quality outfit or new level of some of those rarer outfits if you got a duplicate. For instance a higher chance of a platinum/gold outfits or voodoo/Viking outfits, rather than those more common outfits no one ever really uses. Pretty much every guild I’ve been in see the dapper as a huge disappointment tbh and we joke about it all the time lol.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  7. DKPackerfan

DKPackerfan Powder Monkey

Yeah I’m totally over the outfit only strongboxes. I will not streak, or buy rubies again until it’s fixed. Truly annoying in every level.

8. DKPackerfan

Agreed I don’t know where they got the idea that we desire so many outfits. If the outfits had better buffs maybe but they really are weak sauce with the meager buffs they provide

9. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Just don’t open your strongboxes until they are fixed!

10. DKPackerfan

I installed the update and the chests are still dropping all outfits also my island didn’t appear to get any bigger. I thought you said the strongbox chest dropping all outfits and no materials would be fixed on this update

11. DKPackerfan

12. Lynsey [Midoki]

The strongboxes now have a higher chance of dropping materials - it's still possible that you'll get all outfits (and technically possible to get all materials). If you're getting all outfits repeatedly, let me know what level you are and exactly what type of strongbox you're opening. I've opened some today with gunpowder and squid ink in, so there's definitely there!

13. DKPackerfan

I’m a pirate hall 12 and I opened a magnificent strongbox, six outfits and a marvelous strongbox, four outfits. I stopped opening them at that time because I’m tired of all outfits and don’t feel like wasting the rest. It’s the same issue as before the update, I haven’t seen materials in a strongbox in months

14. DKPackerfan

So I went back in and opened some more. Another magnificent strongbox, six more outfits, two modest strongbox, both with two outfits, two more marvelous strongbox, four outfits, and three outfits with one material, this isn’t right. I was spending 40-60 dollars a month on this game, but really feel disappointed at this time. Will reserve spending for anything until you actually fix this. Months of this with no materials. Very disappointing

15. DKPackerfan

And you may be getting materials, many of my guild mates still are and never had the issue. But I am not and have not for at least four months.

16. DKPackerfan

Four more modest strongboxes, all outfits, two more marvelous strongboxes, all outfits. Obviously not fixed, at least for my game. Maybe others will be fine, happy for them, but I am losing interest fast.

17. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I opened 1 chest of each type of Strongbox. All outfits! ...except 2 masks in the magnificent SB. Very disappointing. I won’t be opening any more until this is more evened out. There are several more rarer materials that should now be labeled impossible to get lol.

DKPackerfan likes this.
  18. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I’ve literally sailed for emeralds and sapphires for months and got maybe enough to count on both hands if that. Waiting 6 months plus for one legend upgrade has all but made me give up on the hunt for materials to ug legends. It used to be fun but progress is just too darn slow tbh :(

DKPackerfan likes this.
  19. DKPackerfan

Lindsey I haven’t heard from you since I posted my information that you asked for. Any input on why my strongboxes continue to drop only outfits? There is no point in me continuing this game if I can’t upgrade my legendaries, it’s the only way I will be able to battle against the tougher islands I’m coming up against now and will face if I continue. I would appreciate a response.

20. DKPackerfan

I sail for sapphires and get gold. So that isn’t an option for me either. I guess I will never upgrade Sadie any further