Where did the abandoned bases go?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ogre's Reef, Sep 13, 2015.

1. I have been sniping with my son's account trying to save up for a some upgrades. Noticed that I am hardly seeing any abandoned bases (315/315 gold/grog and sprung traps). Anyone else notice this or is it just me? Did Midoki maybe tweak the fight matching when they tweaked the guild matching to eliminate ghost guilds?

2. Skye

Skye Commodore

I believe its set so that after 30 or 90 days of being offline, the base is no longer shown in the matchup pool, so a lot of the people that quit when PH8 was around are starting to disappear, and soon PH9 players that didn't stay around for LP will disappear too.

3. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yeah, it's 28 or 30 days before an island is pulled from the game. And it takes only a day or two for a base to become a 315, since you just have to wait for the collectors to fill up.

4. Skye

Skye Commodore

I had thought they were considering increasing it to higher than 30 but I guess they never did :c

5. Skye

Skye Commodore

From 1.3.3 release notes

Maybe that's what I was thinking of.

Maybe this should be increased again? There are far fewer islands in the matchmaking pool given how many players left during PH8 and are now disappearing :c