Where is the Exquisite Diamond for Black beard?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JP Hansen, Dec 7, 2015.

1. JP Hansen

JP Hansen Powder Monkey

I have sailed the 7 sears more than 5500 miles but haven't got one single Exquisite Diamond.. That can't be right??? Where are they?

2. ADNS

ADNS Powder Monkey

I got lots of them from chests,
    my silo is full because of them actually i currently have 30 in stock
    And it's safe to say i have discarded more than 30..
    Same with Silver ingot, but no blackbeard just yet..
    So yeah your best bet might be streaking,,

Horny Manly Alfa likes this.
  3. Skye

Skye Commodore

They only drop from DJ chests or better. No monsters currently drop them, and they are not in Battered chests. Your only hope to get them from sailing is to fight 4*+ monsters and hope for a DJ chest, and then hope that DJ chest is lucky enough to drop it.

If you want them in any realistic quantities, you'll either need to buy chests, or streak to a high enough tier to get them for free. $20 worth of Merchant chests will probably get you around 10 of each rare/epic material, although using $20 to get to a 100 streak 5 times is a much better return on your investment if you have the time.

If you want to do it entirely for free, save up your free gems from sailing (you can get around 20 free gems a day sailing with patience, plus 30-35 a day from rumbles), and you can probably get a 100 streak once a week, which will probably give you a couple diamonds across the chests. There's also about 800 gems worth of exploration rewards on the new map, which could get you to a 100 streak 2 or more times if you're smart about spending them.

4. JP Hansen

JP Hansen Powder Monkey

So black beard is the only one where you more or less need to pay to get him upgraded.. That's totally lame in my opinion.. All other legendaries can be upgraded by finding stuff on the sea?

5. bucket

bucket First Mate

Unfortunately Ching Shih is the same way as blackbeard. Her rubies are only obtainable through chest as well. I was lucky enough to get enough rubies and diamonds to get ching shih to lvl 23 eventually and blackbeard to lvl21.

Horny Manly Alfa likes this.
  6. JP Hansen

JP Hansen Powder Monkey

Whaaat??? I'm stuck at lvl 5 and have been for around 2 month

7. Horny Manly Alfa

Horny Manly Alfa Powder Monkey

JP Hansen, you don't need to pay anything to upgrade legendaries in Plunder Pirates, trust me i know from expirience! (Its easier if you lay down some money but you can be like me and don't pay a thing) Just focus on your objectives and find a good Guild that can guide you, and with really good player and the most important of all, a active Captain.
    Just some tip:
    • Do a lot of streaks, like 2-5 every day or so. aim for the 20 wins That will give you 3 Davy Jones, 2 Merchant and 1 quartermaster, now comes the tricky part, the chests have a lot of stuff to give and it doesnt seem balanced, but anyway, just keep getting them and you will get your exquisite diamonds really quick, i have 12 just from yesterday
    With this you will not pay money and upgrade you Blackbeard. Its not hard. And read the uninhibited pirates guide to Streaking by DarkZero, it really helps!!
    Hope you start getting those precious diamonds Hansen

8. ADNS

ADNS Powder Monkey

Yep same thing with Ching shih, mine is at lvl 15 right now, need more rubbies..

9. Skye

Skye Commodore

You don't have to pay, it will just take considerably longer. You can get plenty of chests for free by streaking. Getting to 100 without spending any gems will likely take 5+ hours of nonstop play, but you get lots of free chests for it and it is possible. If you use the free gems you get from normal gameplay, you can easily cut that down to 3 hours for a couple hundred free gems. Or you could do 7 streaks to 15, or 5 streaks to 20, or 2 streaks to 50, if you don't have as much time. 100 is just my personal favorite cutoff point because you have a much greater hire time reduction from 51-100 compared to the lower streak tiers, and if you have the time to do that many fights, 51-100 go much faster than 1-50 because of it.

You CAN find the stuff by sailing, its just that you'll probably have to kill a 5* monster around 100 times before you get a single diamond. If you're lucky you might get 1 davy jones chest every 10 kills (my actual rates are much less than that, but I don't have a good farming strategy for DJ chests), and it will likely take up to 10-20 dj chests to get a specific material out of them. They have 3 or 4 slots, and each slot has about a 25% chance of being a material, and that material has a fairly even chance of being any obtainable material, and you'll get 1-3 of whatever material happens to drop.

And as others said, Ching also has chest-only materials. But if you streak, you'll have plenty of them. Its the common materials that are holding most players back.

bucket and HornyQuokka like this.
  10. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Yepp, streaking to 20 and repeat is a good way to earn chests and chances to get the needed materials. My Ching is LV 24 btw..

bucket likes this.
  11. bucket

bucket First Mate

I love streaking for chests. I will never buy chests again unless they are on sale. Streaking has made it great to obtain rare and epic materials.