Who has found a good use of Sky Raiders?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daddy P, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

They seem worthless to me. And most of the time they never even make it over the walls. Let me know if you have a good way to use them.

2. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I've seen some strong PH7 bases destroyed by maxed sky raiders. If they drop in the right spot, they can be trouble. The key being "maxed" :)

3. TBird

TBird Captain

And you need to watch out for tall buildings... Even my maxed Units seem to find anything they can to slam into

4. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

I use them all the time. Clear out before an attack, clean up after, sway mid battle if things go awry, can even take out a Ground Pounder if things are just so. They do need extensive upgrading though, and some practise.

5. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

I use them often. Love watching them crash into things. Otherwise, they have yet to serve a useful purpose. Mine are maxed. I am not giving up on them yet like I have the Priestess, Thief and Heavy Gunner.

6. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

I like thieves. I just use 4 of them. Send them in once heavy defenses are down. Excellent at clean up or where troops are frustratingly ignoring the storages in front of them.

7. Landon

Landon First Mate

Thieves aren't optimized to be that great. Id rather have gunners or bucs for a slot in the tavern.

8. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Any troop can be used effectively, but some have a much narrower scope of beneficial application. I find thieves very effective, for example, and would much rather have a few on hand who will charge the resources rather than a buch who will go beat on what ever he is closest to. I can show you replay after replay of 4 thieves bringing it home. Even if just clearing the perimeter trash, they are quick as a flash and often give me 100% when I never would have without them. But they are really good when you can get them inside to the storages once the mortars are down. Course it makes a difference whether you are rank pushing or farming. I am always in a farming frame of mind.