Who were the "pioneers" of PP?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ultimate Sea Dog, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Just curious, since I'm relatively new with only 400+ days of piracy. Who were the first few to play PP but later retired? I do think there might be some still-active players who might give the names, so do post them. I, for one, know that @Bear and @The Fish Eyed Pirate are two such retired players.

USD

2. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

The oldest players are probably in the Chinese guilds, or where ever Midoki first rolled out the beta version of the game. I know there are also several European players that have been playing since the early release. Most of us US players joined upon worldwide release. I'm sure there are still many of those early players around. To the best of my knowledge, all the members in our guilds joined at time of, or after, the worldwide official release.

Kamikazemug, Ian and Keena-CBD like this.
  3. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

The game was soft launched in Canada actually. I don't know who the oldest players r, but oh Canada is the oldest guild in the game.

Ian, MorganFlint, Tiger Lilly and 2 others like this.
  4. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

I downloaded PP four days after the US release (circa early September '14) and there were already maxed bases, which I later realized, as @Spongee stated, the game was released in much of the world (China, Euro, and Canada) prior to the US. Much of the players I I've known from the beginning I met in PIrates United.

Ian, Tiger Lilly and Scarlet Fever like this.
  5. Ian

Ian Commodore

I joined within days of release in Australia (867 and counting) many of the original guilds from back then have gone but Tortuga Nest and RFF still active. As for the forum here, there are many worthy past members that helped pioneer this game, most are in the Members Tab - Noteable Members. But sadly a lot have moved on.

Sea Patriot likes this.
  6. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

As much as RFF is a long standing and highly reputable guild in the game, they were not around in those early days when game first hit worldwide release. Many members were part of Piates R us or whatever. I never joined them because I could not bring myself to join a guild that couldn't spell Pirates correctly in a pirate themed game. Think original Black Flag is still around and struggling. RFF would win my award for longest running guild to remain competitive and relevant.

Black-ish Beard and Christy like this.
  7. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

There was some guild that Oak Doak and I were in, PU was recruiting in their early days. If I remember correctly, Nicko and Knope were the ones sent to said guild I was in to recruit. And the rest is history.

Scarlet Fever likes this.
  8. Scarlet Fever

Scarlet Fever First Mate

Now there's some names I've not heard in a while @Sea Patriot :rolleyes:

9. Christy

Christy Commodore

We will celebrate our 2 year birthday this January :) my first guild was Sinister Souls :D not sure what happened to them. Then there was We R Piates :D the guild best remembered for the captain that could not spell :D

Sea Patriot likes this.
  10. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

I think We R Piates was the guild I was recruited from PU. I remember now, that I didn't catch in to the misspelling until after I'd joined, haha.

Christy likes this.
  11. Fil

Fil Captain

There is a player still with us named mythicalness who i believe started on the first day of the soft release in Canada, to my knowledge that was the first day it was possible to play the game

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  12. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Captain

o_O:rolleyes::p

Fil likes this.
  13. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

We have a visiting pirate at Blacktooth Grins that will have 900 days tomorrow...congrats @fundip stick for being part of the game for that long (approx 2.5 years). That's impressive!;)