Why a new Gplay id?

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Ruby ® Rubacuori, May 11, 2016.

1. Ruby ® Rubacuori

Ruby ® Rubacuori Powder Monkey

Hi all, this is my first post, after updating the game I've lost all my progress. I contacted the support team and they answered me in a reasonable time that I had at first to log with my gplay account, I didn't dare to on the ''new'' island, and then they should be able to help me. until here everything is fine but when I follow the instructions sent to me the game asks to create a new Gplay ID, why? I already had one, the very same that has all my games progress. The Gplay support just told me to follow the procedure and they will be able to help me, even if she didn't know why it happened. What should I do?

2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Hmm, I'm not quite sure what's going on there - if you already have a Google Play account, then as soon as you log on to it your previous island should be restored. I can't think of any reason that the game would ask for a new GPlay account, that suggests more of a system issue than a game issue (not sure if devices ask for new Gplay accounts if you've done a factory reset, or if you've somehow changed your region settings?).

Your island shouldn't be lost forever, however, even if you can't log into your previous GPlay account - if you contact customer support again, they should be able to provide you with a code to get your island back.

Ruby ® Rubacuori likes this.
  3. Ruby ® Rubacuori

Fortunately my island is still there a friend of mine was able to see it in the gild list, even if I can't access it.. I can't really tell if it is a system issue, other games work just fine. Probably it's a server/personal information related problem. I can't be sure, the real incognita is why my gplay works like this.. If anyone comes with any idea it would be accepted.;);)

I miss plundering..:(

4. Bear

Bear Commodore

@Ruby ® Rubacuori Google Play released a new update to their system. it requires you to set a ID that functions like a gamer tag. It confused me when I updated the app. Just set a name that you like as a gamer tag, then continue to log into google play in the App. It will load your old island.

5. Ruby ® Rubacuori

Last edited: May 12, 2016
    Bear likes this.
  6. Bear

Bear Commodore

Glad it worked out.

7. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Bear to the rescue!