Why are the rumble rewards dropping?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guybrush_Threepwood, Jun 1, 2015.

1. It might just be a coincidence but after each new Rumble we start the rewards are slightly less than the previous one. We have won every rumble so far but the rewards have dropped from 1,400,000 gold and grog down to 900,000 in our current one. Have we happened to get paired with weaker opponents and this is just a coincidence or is there some other reason?

Cheers!

2. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Weaker opponents. It varies. 900K seems the lower limit if you are mainly PH8.

3. Bear

Bear Commodore

I've seen someone report 800k. I get the feeling that rewards are based on cumulative rank of all guilds participating. Any word on this @Lynsey [Midoki]?

4. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

For whatever reason our rewards have always been consistently 35 gems and 1.2m each resource and 450 BP for every rumble, whether we have matched strong opponents or weak.

5. Fang

Fang First Mate

its been all over the place for us. seemed to be tied to opponents but sometimes it doesnt make any sense at all

6. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

It should be based on the cumulative value of the participating guilds (including guild hall and membership), although obviously there still needs to be some tweaking done (especially at Rapt Renegades seem to have been especially fortunate, can't be having that! ;)) I'll double check with how it's actually calculated - the matchmaking has been tweaked, but I don't think the reward tiers have been.

Bear likes this.
  7. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

We don't mind, promise!

Our latest rumble has been the best match yet and a good challenge with a guild above us on the leaderboard in the lineup along with another smaller but "gemming hard" guild. I like it, but was hoping for the 40gem reward. ;)

8. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Are you sure? The matchmaking still seems awful. Yet to see any competition. Last 3 rumbles felt over in the first 10 minutes.

Christy likes this.
  9. Christy

Christy Commodore

We started our current rumble and got matched with one of the guilds we had just defeated in the one prior to it. Poor guys o_O Although I will say they did try. Just not a good match up.

10. Ouija Master

Ouija Master Powder Monkey

I'm pretty sure any matchmaking formula won't be able to anticipate levels of participation within the guilds, which is often the defining factor. A guild full of people attacking is powerful, but often rare

11. Christy

Christy Commodore

Why does a guild of 1 even bother to START a rumble :rolleyes:o_O Why not just join a bigger guild? Guild perks are quite handy :D

12. Ian

Ian Commodore

The phrase "Does not play well with others!" comes to mind and might apply in some cases. ;)

Christy likes this.