Why don't guilds rumble more often?

Discussion in 'Rumbles' started by Trowglys, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Trowglys

Trowglys Powder Monkey

As new players, my husband and I are curious why guilds don't declare rumble more often than once or twice a week? Even if everyone only focuses on the rumble once or twice a week, at least on the other days the participants would be able to win more BP from the rumbles.
    Is there something we're missing that makes it not so beneficial to rumble often?

2. Mobotts

Mobotts Captain

There are still a lot of guilds that rumble every day of the week, most of the top rumble guilds do. You do find that a lot of guilds have dropped back the number of rumbles they're doing because of a lack of participation from their members due to real life, or because they've got a lot of maxed players who really don't benefit as much from the rewards. In my guild we have gone with the three day per week rumble because it fits with our members schedules, but our two sister guilds rumble much more than that; this allows those who want to participate more the opportunity to pop over to one of the other guilds for other rumbles.

Tessa Rose, Blueberry and MorganFlint like this.
  3. HollyMrsBooty

HollyMrsBooty First Mate

We rumble three times a week I like the number it allows me to get stuff done around house, kids, etc and still be a awesome pirate! I think everyone has their own cup of tea! In our alliance Elite Legends goes hard daily and legion as well daily and then little ol me in family is a three day a weeker! We are a husband wife duo too!!! I always say families that plunder together are happier!! My mom and son also are pirates LOL My husband is captain of elite legends and I am captain of Elite Family!

4. awbo

awbo Captain

I think as well, generally speaking people don't rumble for the rewards, and certainly not third or fourth place rewards. Rumbles are not an efficient way of earning BP, you can earn way more streaking and sailing.

5. Blueberry

Blueberry Captain

Three times a week suits our guild, the rewards are not what we rumble for, we rumble to win. I am not hardcore enough to rumble at that intensity every day, it's nice to chill out in between :D

6. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

There are good guilds out there that rumble daily. If that is what you are seeking, switch to one of those guilds. As stated above, there are more efficient ways to get rewards other than daily rumbles. Other than being a competitive avenue of release, in my mind rumbles serve very little useful purpose.

7. Mercutio

Mercutio First Mate

i agree with you there @Spongee. rumbles can make good competition but the reward isn't really worth the effort. it's a nice guild activity, when/if you're not streaking for points. beyond that, for me, it seems tired and boring.

Mobotts and quint like this.
  8. quint

quint Powder Monkey

i like to rumble, the whole camaraderie of fighting with friends towards a common goal. yes the rewards aren't that great, but that's not the point. neither is winning really. what makes it worth it is the interaction between guild mates, the chatting, conversation, and words of encouragement that players share that doesn't happen when you're off fighting on your own outside of a rumble. that's what i enjoy and if we can win, all the better.

i don't think i could rumble every day, for one i get easily discouraged by being a mediocre player and there's so many players out there that make it look easy i imagine i'd just get frustrated. i like to rumble more casually, i'm not sure i would want a regular schedule. but it all depends on the guild and the community that guild fosters. i'd like to think we foster connections between players. competitive or not it's the connections that make the difference.

Madhouse, Blueberry and Mobotts like this.
  9. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Our guild rumbles Monday-Thursday. There's no requierments. The reason I chose those days was to best suit the schedules of the players. Some players participate each rumble, some players don't. We break for the weekends Friday-Sunday. It works. I like to rumble but without the added pressures... it's jus not for me.

Trowglys likes this.