Why is this game so similar to COC?

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by Jolo, Jun 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jolo

Jolo Crew

2. yeti

yeti Captain

You don't seriously expect a response to this, do you? o_O

War Koala likes this.
  3. Tex

Tex Commodore

Why do you bother making a comment like that?
    Go play CoC if you don't think this one is better.

4. Jolo

Jolo Crew

I do. 'Cuz I want to know why there is so many similarities.

5. yeti

yeti Captain

There are literally dozens of games similar to clash. I reckon you could hazard a guess as to why that is rather than tagging and distracting the team here with what is a pretty asinine question... Apologies for my bluntness, I'm not a fan of snarkiness on here, but the question was rude and kinda warrants it

Kelani and Ian like this.
  6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Gee, lets think about that for a second....

Say I start a fledgling game dev group, and want to create a game in a highly profitable genre. Funding is tight, and my company's survival may very well depend on my game becoming a smash hit. This will be difficult, given all the competition out there. So, I have two options:

1. Be 100% original. Take years to create everything from scratch. Do no research, and ignore the successes and failures of all the other games that came before mine.
    2. Use my original theme, and make a superior game by using those successes and failures to my advantage, i.e. using what worked well, and changing what didn't.

If you're going to make a game in a genre filled with competitors who have collectively earned billions for their titles, #2 is the only sane play.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
    War Koala and Tex like this.
  7. Jolo

Jolo Crew

Ok.

8. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

And the award the most ridiculous thread goes to......

9. Okay I think enough has been said?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.