Why you should not buy $99.99 Gems

Discussion in 'General Strategies' started by Roserio, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Roserio

Roserio First Mate

[EXCLUSIVE!]
    -This video shows how much you can upgrade your base with 15,000 gems which is $99.99, in treasure store.

Spending $99.99 only for your curiosity!!
    Watch the video and you can decide whether it's worth it or not :)

Please Subscribe with following link
    for the [Honey Tips for the Plunder Pirates Channel] in youtube for your update notice!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDnavRl81IuyYrGRFzJJRcw

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  2. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

Just buying gold/grog from the shop and upgrading stuff may not be the best use of gems. There are more efficient ways to make use of those gems that will make them go a lot further if you are willing to spend a little time raiding/farming.

3. GeNeTiiX

GeNeTiiX Powder Monkey

You can get what you have in that video with 25$ in gems. Be patient with upgrades and farm. 100$ can last a long time!

4. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

I have bought the $20 gem pack 3x now...mostly just to get over a difficult hurdle. 1st - to get four builders, 2nd PH 6 and 3rd to finish up my lighthouse...You can go a long way without spending a fortune if you are patient (not my strong suit).

5. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yea. What burns through Gems is when you use them to finish out your missing Grog or Gold in order to start an upgrade. If you are patient, raise your own resources, and use your gems to rush training times and finish big projects that keep your builders busy, then Gems will last a long time. and Do a lot more good.

Gristle likes this.
  6. Roserio

Roserio First Mate

yeah, the best way to use gems are shortening the building time of the units at the tavern, ! :)earn money with them

7. Alexander

Alexander Powder Monkey

Well, I think the topic is abit sensitive here. Some people out there might just buy to support the game.

8. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

I would argue that most gemming has zero to do with supporting the game and everything to do with supporting ego. That said I do believe in supporting the game, by gemming a little here and there and actually PLAYING instead of just buying it, but to each there own. :D

Captain Monkey likes this.
  9. Alexander

Alexander Powder Monkey

I agreed. But if I'm thinking of buying the 99.99 gem pack and read this, I might think twice. The topic is abit misleading. Just saying...

Gristle likes this.
  10. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Agreed, it should be more like, "$99 Gem pack, you decide"

Alexander likes this.
  11. Alexander

Alexander Powder Monkey

Sounds way better..

12. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Agreed. There seems to be two kinds of whiners in this gaming genre. 1. Free to play players who play casually and whine cuz the game is too difficult because gemmers and high lvl players bully them. And 2.people who do buy gems but misuse them wildly and then complain that the game is too expensive.
    I never understand either but to each his own I guess. When it's all said and done i'll probably have spent somewhere around $100 for hundreds of hours of entertainment and a maxed out or near maxed out base. Pretty good deal really.

13. I'll do the same, but for free. ;)

14. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Lol. Touche'. I didn't say I was patient

15. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER use Gems to fill your resources. It's a horrible rip off, use them to finish troops in the Tavern and plunder. You will get more resources for about 5% the Gem cost. You can also use them to finish building projects and the longer the wait, you will actually get a better "Value Cost" per Gem. Getting the 3rd and 4th builder though is the best use.

Kelani likes this.
  16. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I'll buy the $4.99 gem pack to support the game, and let them collect dust. :) The only time I use gems is like others have mentioned, to shave off the last few minutes of troop hiring, but they also work great in emergency situations, say where it's bedtime, maintenance is coming in five minutes, no builders are free, and you're sitting on millions of gold/grog needed for an upgrade. It's nice to have a stockpile at those time.

edit: Agreed about the using gems to fill stores. I thought this was a no-brainer, but apparently not. The way I see it, if I can max my stores with 7-10 raids, why would I pay gems to deprive myself of the joy of ruining all those people's days?

17. AngryBeard

AngryBeard Community Manager

Sometimes I like to buy myself a shield. :)

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  18. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

It's a mini vacation!

19. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

AngryBeard I need to know your in-game name and Pirate Rank. No reason.

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  20. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

How can you do something by knowing someone's in-game name and pirate rank?