Will there Be a Halloween Plunder Pirates Update?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pirate Christian, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Pirate Christian

Pirate Christian First Mate

We're getting dangerously close to Halloween without seeing a update to the game?

Will there Be a Halloween Plunder Pirates update or not?

2. # Johnny Doe #

# Johnny Doe # First Mate

I think we are all crossing fingers...no-one more so than Midoki Staff.
    Unfortunately it depends on when Apple give the okay :eek:

peg-brain bob likes this.
  3. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Proclaiming in a loud voice "I believe in updates" (whilst clapping) might work - hypothetically, possibly.

** according to J.M. Barrie & Walt Disney it should! ;)

Bou Regreg likes this.
  4. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I personally always believed Halloween was short-changed as a holiday and the traditional 'trick or treating' should only be the start of the festivities. I envisioned an extended holiday of scaring children daily, eating tooth rotting sugary sweets over several prolonged days, and dressing up in totally inappropriate costumes over several weekends. But that is just me.

What was your question? Oh, the update. Good question, I don't have an answer.

5. Skye

Skye Commodore

Every day should be halloween honestly! Candy and Costumes, what else could you want?!

6. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

Direct question, you hear that?

......thats right, no answer as per usual.

7. Skye

Skye Commodore

There will be if Apple approves the update before then. Midoki made the Halloween content, its all ready to go, sent in way ahead of time, and there's nothing they can do besides wait for Apple to finish reviewing the submission.

There is no other answer anyone can give, no date, no yes or no, because there is no way to tell when Apple will decide to finish their review.

8. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

So the next question is, okay Since that's true, why since other games of similar stripes have been able to get out their Halloween update, is it that midokis code is taking apple so much time to check? It's not like Halloween is a variable date holiday as Easter is. Sorta a fixed time table there...

Just saying...

9. lady blackbeard

lady blackbeard Captain

How true, how sad. Imagine the money required for the development of Halloween content. How many gems is that?

10. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

It is possible that Apple has a problem with Rovio and Midoki is just caught in the middle....just saying.

11. Skye

Skye Commodore

They either submit it earlier (some games queue up many updates ahead of time) - the problem with this is that updates are less able to react to player feedback and observations and you may have to wait for three or four updates before a specific new bug gets fixed - Midoki probably ran a bit late with submitting trying to get everything in they wanted to, compared to other apps that have Halloween content already.
    or
    The other game gets a more generous set of reviewers that approve it faster and are quicker to overlook or more lenient on things that might otherwise need more stringent scrutiny
    or
    They expedite it

Expediting for time-sensitive things, like holiday events, is possible, but its still done at apple's discretion and not all expedition requests will be honored. They are generally more receptive to critical bug fix expeditions.

http://appreviewtimes.com/ (I believe it was c00ni who turned me on to this gem) suggests an average of 7 days, but some apps take much longer, and some are quicker. Its partly due to size of the app, but with violent content (pirates with guns dying), it probably gets a lot more scrutiny than a small match 3 puzzle game, so thats another reason for variability.

12. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Well, I guess Skye's explanation is somewhat plausible. I'd tend to believe the update was captured by a ghost ship with a crew of demonic clown pirates on the way to the Apple reviewers. You can choose to believe Skye's hogwash, or my perfectly rational explanation.

John56, peg-brain bob, Tex and 5 others like this.
  13. Skye

Skye Commodore

Living near Apple HQ I can confirm there have been strange ghostly clown noises at night lately

14. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

Capt Spongee's explanation is as rational as anything posted here so far, plus sounds more fun

15. Cap'nSmellyBeard

Cap'nSmellyBeard First Mate

It does, I'd like to find them clowns and teach em a lesson!:) Who's with me!

16. Fontlaroy

Fontlaroy Crew

Maintenance now. Hopefully this is it!

17. Fontlaroy

Fontlaroy Crew

No it is not :(

18. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

:rolleyes:Another maintenance. Lets hope Halloween theme is upon, otherwise we soon will read lines again like: " ....this game is going down the hill...", ".....i am going to quit(like the 26 times before when something didn t went the way like i wanted it to)...." , and so on.... :D:p

19. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Update is coming today! \o/

thelastfallen and HornyQuokka like this.
  20. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

I think there was also a scene in the 1980s Care Bear movie that espoused a similar belief.

Christy likes this.