Witch Doctor - Does he offer any real benefit at sea?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tiger Claw, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

This has been a debate with crew members for a very long time.

A seasoned player would 1st check his skill details and discover that he has no exploration (specific) boost. So does his very presence on the ship offer a high point/strength value worth those (4) crew slots? Questions, but no real answers.

It would be nice if @Lynsey [Midoki] can respond, but I understand if she can't. ;)

TiGeR

2. Omar Ceceña

Omar Ceceña First Mate

Is he not the one that is supposed to be good for taking on "Ghost Ship"? Or am I wrong? Or wait let me rephrase that. "He increases the chance of successfully beating Ghost Ship"...yes...am I doing this right?..

3. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

The Ghastly Gunslinger and Priestess have that skill, but unless I'm missing something the WD doesn't.

TiGeR

4. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Having a Witch Doctor on board does decrease the damage your crew takes during battles. Of course, if you're particularly unlucky, he may get chomped early on (I take a spare!).

850arrr, Unique Rebel and Tiger Claw like this.
  5. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Thank you for clarifying

Unique Rebel likes this.
  6. bucket

bucket First Mate

I carry 4 witch doctors for an exploration voyage. They really help. Can attack up to 4 5 star ships/monsters per trip. So far, which has been almost 2 years of sailing with 4 docs, have yet to lose a voyage.

Unique Rebel likes this.
  7. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Yep, on my huge pre-sails before boggs I always take at least three of them.

bucket likes this.