Witch Doctor training

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by porrig, Jan 19, 2015.

1. porrig

porrig Crew

Hi all,

I've trained my Witch Doctor with The Guardian skill, and all that's left is to increase his range by one and his Toughness by 5. I know there's no point training the extra 5 in Toughness, but is it worth training to take the range up to 6? This will take the hire cost to 75k and recruit time over 17mins even with the Pirate Catcher perk.

I should have skipped the 3 in Toughness when first training him but didn't realise how much the cost and training time inflates when you get nearer the end.

Cheers, Mike.

2. In my opinion range=king. Always upgrade the range of your units, it ensures they survive longer.

porrig and Segwaysid like this.
  3. Segwaysid

Segwaysid Powder Monkey

Quite agree with The Fish Eyed, more is better. Training time is high anyway so a bit more makes no difference, well a bit, but worth the survival of the units.
    Sid

4. porrig

porrig Crew

Thanks for the advice. I'll do that upgrade next. :)

5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Pretty much the only WD skills you need to avoid are the +3 toughness and the last +5 toughness (avoid the bottom one. train the top one, it's cheaper/faster). That gets you a 50,000 grog / 13m22sec WD who can totally change the outcome of a battle.

6. Darth Yoda

Darth Yoda First Mate

I have started the final WD upgrade now. Cant wait to try it out.

7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Guardian is nice. If a regular gunner can take 2 mortar hits, with guardian, he can survive like 5-7.

porrig likes this.