Witch Doctors: Now with 50% more brain damage. (Bad pathing example)

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Kelani, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

OK, we know the WD has problems that need fixing:

-He will divert from a cluster of troops to chase one guy who wanders away.
    -He will follow his own resurrected skeletons.
    -He stands too closely to the battle, which gets him splattered by splash dmg/nearby defenses.

Apparently, he's now learned a new trick.! :) I've never seen him do this before, but I damn near threw my device when I saw it. Pay attention to where the second WD goes. Apologies for the bad video. My laptop died, so I can't Reflector it.

In short, WD really needs to do the following:

-Stop following units so closely
    -Preferentially stay with the largest cluster of troops unless it's covered by another WD
    Stop following his own skeletons and lone gunmen.
    Stop doing whatever the hell he did in the above video.

@Lynsey [Midoki]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
    TBird and yeti like this.
  2. Tex

Tex Commodore

Maybe they will offer a "brain upgrade" to fix these issues.
    Unfortunately the new upgrades will require 250k grog per unit.

3. The video made me giggle, my bad..
    I currently use only one WD, which makes it a bit more controllable.
    I've had no problems so far with him

4. Burnz

Burnz Captain

That is terrible, But your suggestions are great as I have seen all of those happen.

5. yeti

yeti Captain

I think he's getting worse... $120k is a ridiculous cost for a troop that is so flawed

6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I agree 100%, he's way too overpriced.

But one note: If his skills are done properly (i.e. not training the useless +3 and +5 toughness boosts), he should only cost 80k. Still not great, but way better than 120k.

TBird likes this.
  7. yeti

yeti Captain

Yeah, but needed somewhere to dump my grog, he was all i had, lol

Kelani likes this.
  8. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

The Witch Doctor has had some AI tweaks, so in the future he will:

Prioritise large groups of living over smaller ones (unless they're already covered by another witch doctor)
    Prioritise the living over any resurrected skellies
    If everyone is dead, he'll protect the skellies
    If there everyone is dead and there are no skellies, he'll look for dead skellywags to resurrect
    If there are no dead skellywags, then he'll look for other non-skelly corpses to raise

9. Skye

Skye Commodore

Will it weight all troops equally? Will it factor in distance to the group? (drop off 4 bombers on one side, 5 gunners on the other, drop a wd with the bombers... will the wd run all the way around the base to protect the 5 gunners? if I drop a wd with 2 hg, and have 5 gunners somewhere else, is it going to leave the hg to go protect the gunners, or will it factor in their slots/value as higher priority?)

10. Lynsey [Midoki]

From what I understand, it will take in distance. It's all going through ongoing tweaking and balancing, seems to be working quite nicely though. (Heavy gunners have also been tweaked so they don't stay fixated on targets so long even after they've been destroyed, amongst other improvements).

The Fish Eyed Pirate and Skye like this.
  11. Sounds good Lynsey! When will this be in effect?

12. Lynsey [Midoki]

It's not the upcoming update, but the one after, I think - I'll have to double check.

Skye and The Fish Eyed Pirate like this.
  13. hidyhorum

hidyhorum Crew

Thank you. It is coming eventually, unlike some other games...

Skye likes this.
  14. LYM

LYM Captain

So funny, think WD got freaked and fancied his change out the outskirts lol

15. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

Sound like great enhancements, but in this video one WD stayed with the large group, maybe the second would still head off to the smaller group (of one) under new rules? @The Fish Eyed Pirate would have used 1 WD (so would I) and with one punchhole in the wall that should be all that's needed for that attack plan. 20/20 hindsight, we all have battles we want to do-over.