Witchdoctors and Resurrect

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Jun, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Jun

Jun First Mate

I might as well note this, as I don't think it has been addressed yet and eventually should be:

Sometimes you can resurrect, sometimes you can't despite standing right over the corpse.

2. Burnz

Burnz Captain

You have to make sure that the bones are wriggling in order to resurrect them. If the bones aren't moving, they won't be resurrected.

3. Jun

Jun First Mate

Yes, and it is inconsistent as to when they dance vs. when they don't. That is the problem I'm highlighting.

4. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Ok, just wanted to say what I said. Some people didn't know that they had to jiggle, I being one of them on my first few uses. Sowies.

5. Is it possible you tried to resurrect from bones that already where resurrected? Because they can only be resurrected once :p

6. Captain Monkey

Captain Monkey First Mate

I didn't know either, I've only used wd once till now. I gotta uograde it a lot more first

7. As stated before in a other thread fallen troops can be brought back, fallen returned dead can't. One and done .

Captain Hakjka likes this.
  8. One-Eyed Willy

One-Eyed Willy First Mate

I have also witnessed this where freshly pulverized corpses are not wiggling while the witch doctor's spell is overhead. It seems as though in order for the corpses to resurect they need to be rather close to the witch doctor as opposed to just being within the wd's overhead bubble.

9. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I agree, and the number seems to be random. I've had 10-15 clustered gunners taken out by a mortar, and the WD walks over them. Sometimes 2 wiggle, sometimes 8 do.

10. Mondo

Mondo Powder Monkey

My favourite is when the W/Dr gets taken out just as the resurrect button becomes available!!!
    You're waiting and waiting then POW.

Also W/Dr walks away from bodies whilst the resurrect button is offline.

mondo

11. Burnz

Burnz Captain

I dislike that very much. I have had the Wd start to resurrect then get killed before the skellies rise.

12. BB-8

BB-8 First Mate

Same here. I really hate when you have one rouge pirate decides to leave and go God knows where to do something and the WD go hey let me follow you and leave all the rest of these pirates unprotected.

13. Ian

Ian Commodore

Yep, seen that many times :(

14. Mondo

Mondo Powder Monkey

Me too. Why does W/Dr leave 10 gunners to follow 1 runaway??

15. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

That could be for several reasons:

1. The runaway secretly paid him for premium protection service before the battle
    2. The WD is into monogamy, and has a HUGE crush on the runaway.
    3. The runaway stole some of the WD's chicken bones, and he wants them back.
    4. The runaway said something mean on the boat, so the WD wants to watch him die and turn him into a skeleton.
    5. The WD has a serious case of tunnel vision
    6. The WD misheard the quote "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"

Mondo, One-Eyed Willy and awbo like this.
  16. Mondo

Mondo Powder Monkey

Six reasons, that never occurred to me! The thought processes of a Commodore are indeed mysterious, and set you apart from us lowly powder monkeys. Congratulations Kelani, I will never doubt you again!:p;)

Kelani likes this.
  17. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

lol, well thank you, but that "uniqueness" is nothing more than a few more months breathing fumes from all the cannon fire (in game, and on this forum). :confused: :D