Your update strategy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Burnz, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Burnz

Burnz Captain

I'm just curious to see how others are planning PH8? I think I am going to just upgrade with 3 of my builders and save the other strictly for walls. Maybe I'll start my wall builder on a project when the next builder is free in a few hours. I just discovered the whole map, so I'm sitting a good chunk of gems, so I don't think I'll spend much of them, hoping that we will get another builder. Lastly, I will drop down to a reasonable PR rating and just farm, farm, and farm some more. I'm not too worried about maxing out all of my defenses right away, just going to take them as they come. But there will be a definite order to which ones I work on first. Mortars-> bunkers-> then my cannons. I'll work on my mystic mortars as soon as I can. And If there is a academy upgrade, well, looks like I'll save my BP for that before the mortars. Well, the update can't come soon enough and am looking forward for what is included and hasn't been mentioned.

2. ElGordo

ElGordo First Mate

Well, I will wait untill I know how exactly the PH8 update will look like.
    Hope for new weapon, building, pirate and maybe 5th perk.
    And upgrade for GH, PC and outhouse (lwith stone walls)
    So 1 builder for defence, 1 buildings, 1 for must have and 1 free for walls and as back up.

And for the new maps, do we need lighthouse upgrade and bigger ship or just a new building "travel agency"?

So many questions,
    wait and see

3. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

My first focus is always on troops. So, tavern and academy are usually my first targets. AND OH MY GOSH I HOPE THE PIRATE CATCHER IS SPRUCED UP TO REDUCE THE CRAZY RECRUITING TIME (I know Midoki has said i'ts working on recruiting times, especially high level troops). Then I go for mortars, still the most destructive force in the game.

小绿(Green) and Burnz like this.
  4. TBird

TBird Captain

I have everything maxed and everyone trained, 4 builders free with nothing to do (and map at 100%).
    So I'll dive to 100 on Monday, grab 7.5 million gold, 7.5 million grog and see what new toys show up in the update.
    See everyone down there next week.:)

小绿(Green) likes this.
  5. Burnz

Burnz Captain

It would be nice for the new maps to come out and a bigger ship, I loved exploring the map.
    Amen,
    Sounds like it is going to be a party down there. I'll feel bad for the lower levels when this update is released.

6. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Hope it doesn't cause a loot shortage, with all you highfalutin stratorankers :eek: coming down to farmland. It's my home. :p

7. Still building, and already using the "1 builder for walls" strategy. All defenses maxed so working on everything else now, mostly collectors

8. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

We'll leave the light on for you
    -Tom Bodett

Kelani likes this.
  9. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I'm maxed except for two Grog storages and a few collectors, so I'm reluctantly upgrading the storages. I'm not convinced we'll need them, and i'd hate to make myself more of a target by having yet more unused grog on hand. Hopefully we will need them, though.

10. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Upgrade your storages for the hit points, not necessarily to store lots of loot.

小绿(Green) likes this.
  11. I did my gold storages to prepare for next ph. Not sure if grog storage will be that important. Doing grog collectors so I can afford troops faster during our next push, as loot dries out the higher I get.

12. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Keep in mind, if everybody drops down to farm, they become targets too! Can't farm under shield. Potential plunder Royal!

13. ElGordo

ElGordo First Mate

and now everybody:
    Plunder
    nananana
    Plunder
    nananana
    Plunder...

14. 小绿(Green)

小绿(Green) First Mate

...... Is it the baby talking? o_O

15. He's trying to sing that AC/DC song

16. Tex

Tex Commodore

I think the next line to his tune is...
    "Nananana. Hey! Hey! Hey! Goodbye!"

17. Landon

Landon First Mate

Same thing I did at ph6.. Upgrade the hall, cannons, academy, walls, mines and storages.:)

Edward Kenway likes this.
  18. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Wow you are a genius! :D What didn't i think of that? :D

19. Christy

Christy Commodore

If grounder pounder has an upgrade I will do that first :D Followed by mortars, bunkers then cannons. Keeping a builder for walls because I JUST did my last wall to max 2 days ago. Took forever :(

Rachael likes this.
  20. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

If the Walls level 10 are 1 mill per block...I may have to find another game