Midoki Before you released this update did you by chance play it?????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fricc2174, Jul 15, 2015.

1. yeti

yeti Captain

I think the concerns are absolutely valid and I must disagree with my friend bear. There is no basis to presume that bugs will be fixed in the next update, they seldom are. With past behaviour being the best predictor of future behaviour, any new update is likely to bring new bugs to keep the old ones company.

Personally, the only update i want to see is one that fixes the outstanding issues, not one that adds more.

Probably didn't need a whole new post given these issues have been raised ad nauseum, but doesn't make it less valid.

Fang likes this.
  2. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Welcome to Midoki. Each release has shown a distinct lack of QA. They don't care if you spend gems and will not refund you as an individual.

It doesn't matter that you gem and get piss poor AI as a result. They don't care.

And don't get me started on their programming skills. The graphics are excellent, the graphics engine is stellar. The game programming is laughable to those with a background in programming.

3. yeti

yeti Captain

I don't think the snarkiness of some of the posts both for and against Midoki is helpful to anyone. I am as frustrated as the next person about the bugs, hence my post above, but to suggest they don't care is unfair. I have the utmost respect for the way Chris and Lynsey conduct themselves on the forum and in response to specific isolated issues. Would i like them to fix the bugs? Hell yeah. But i also appreciate they are probably trying their best and it must be disheartening to say the least reading these posts. The least we can do is raise and respond to concerns constructively and with a modicum of respect... [Off soap box]

4. Tex

Tex Commodore

[​IMG]

locomoco and yeti like this.
  5. fricc2174

fricc2174 First Mate

I totally agree. I am just voicing my opinion and hoping other people agree. And Midoki looks at it

850arrr likes this.
  6. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

How long have they had to fix some of these bugs?

7. Fang

Fang First Mate

Ive been talking about the ph2 imbalance since the first day of the Rumbles release. it took me all of a few hours to create a new ALT account (Molar), and then I personally scored 2600 points with it in our next rumble.

[​IMG]

All i got was silence from midoki ...and some of the resident a-heols here telling me how I am wrong...

Bl00dBaTh likes this.
  8. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

We are going to lose our current rumble to a high ranked guild using two ph2 accounts. I've said before it is not cheating. It is a clever tactic. However, it is immensely frustrating to try to compete against it. I keep hearing it's under consideration. Now I'm hearing that ph9 peolple are getting even lower bp when they hit the same people they were before. Maybe one option is to simply double the amount of bp a high level player gets from hitting a similar level player if they at least 2 star the base with an extra boost for 3 star. Maybe that would incentivize players to man up and focus on quality battles over quantity. Might alsotake some of the sting out of the advantage the low level or mini bases have.

Fang likes this.
  9. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

While it may be off topic in this thread, I strongly suspect our guild will soon be greatly reducing, if not completely eliminating, the rumbles for the near future. They were fun for a while, but the novelty has worn off. And with the current issues, makes them less enjoyable. Besides, with the update we have tons of fun wall upgrades to keep us busy for a long while! :confused:

roguecylon likes this.
  10. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Trying to figure that out myself. We've had rumbles a while now with midoki not doing anything to improve them in response to forum feedback. We've tried to enforce rumble participation, but enthusiasm seems to be waning. Quantity rumbles start burning people out. And many guilds that are dominating them are often spending money or using mini accounts. Not really sustainable. We've tried to win them, but really use them more just to hit the lucrative rumble rivals. Downside is you get matched well and you get whalloped everytime your shield goes down. So rumbles may become background noise like tasks if midoki doesn't listen to the forum feedback and implement improvements ASAP.

11. Beck [Midoki]

Beck [Midoki] Designer Staff Member

Of course we care :) we are all gamers here too and want our game to be the best that it can be. As others have pointed out, bug fixes take time, and we are working on new content for you guys and gals at the same time, so hang in there :D

peg-brain bob, 850arrr and BB-8 like this.
  12. SaK

SaK First Mate

It's buggy game since the beginning, and instead of removing the bugs to catch more players Midoki is just bringing more buggy releases without testing..

And people who love midoki are telling it takes a small update to fix the release...but from the first day did they ever those important issues....never.

I regret to gem my ph too...

Just a boring, unplanned, (rumble) slap on the face of players... Oh errands ...anybody does it still..lol

Really I pity PP, such a great game is going nowhere

13. BB-8

BB-8 First Mate

As a developer sometimes fixing a bug may require a rewrite of all the entire existing code which can take time. Part of the problem with fixing bugs is you have to be able to successfully repeat it every time. Next you have to spend time time traversing code until you can find exactly where the error is and attempt to fix it without causing even more problems further down the line. QA is hard to do because there are probably hundreds of billions of possibilities for testing. There is no way to test every possible base design and troop combination to know how AI will react to each scenario. Users are creating new base designs every day and coming up with different troop combos constantly. There has to always be some give and take. You have to remember AI is artificial intelligence so who cares if it does have an occasional error. Do you mess up from time to time and forget to check the corners, trigger a special ability at the wrong time, or deploy the wrong pirate on accident? Yeah it can be frustrating when a Pirate doesn't do what you want it to do. I am willing to bet if AI was PERFECT then players would complain about their bases constantly being wiped out by these pirates that are now too good. As a developer your are damned if you do and damned if you don't. AI will constantly adjust, so learn to adjust your game play around the current AI. You already do that each time a new base comes out so what's the difference with when the AI changes? Figure out how to adapt and make the best of it.

When you see something happening that doesn't seem right post a replay, screenshot, best description of how to repeat it so that they can take a look at it to fix it. Then remember it takes time to fix issues. If you think you can do better then go create a game and try.

14. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

I see, well for the new WD can't they just hit the Undo button and bring back the old one, because the new WD isn't just a little different its a complete mess of a pirate that's useless as can be. It's not just me that is experiencing this hell of an AI, its damn near everyone. I can count on one hand the number of players that like it and have lost count as to how many think its terrible, its soooo lopsided its mind bending. I know its hard to code this stuff and figure out AI and game play but why fix something that isn't broken?

QA, different bases, give and take, whatever...the AI worked well before and now it doesn't so in this instance Midoki missed the mark and should be called on it, imo.

Daddy P likes this.
  15. BB-8

BB-8 First Mate

Yeah the AI with the WD in the new update is a pain I get it and I'm sure Midoki gets it, but bitching about it constantly in the forums in the countless forum posts about it won't fix it any faster. Try adjusting how you deploy your troops. Slight tweaks make all the difference in the world.

You can be a part of the problem or you can be part of the solution. Create a thread and start posting replays of where the WD goes crazy or not acting like "you" think it should be. Midoki can then respond with a thanks we will/are working on that already or a thats what he is supposed to do. I am willing to bet if more people posted replays that were helpful in identifying the issues than people just complaining about it, it can help them fix the issues faster. Again, billions of possible ways to deploy troops and what troops you are deploying. What happens in the gameplay affects it. They can't anticipate everything that will happen.

16. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Its true, bitching about it won't help but the more people complain the more Midoki knows its not just an isolated group that thinks this way. I do agree that it would be more constructive to show videos and I will add them to the other threads showing the screen shots. Though in all honesty its pretty obvious how messed up the AI is since its screwing with most people across the board and its clear what the WD is doing and not doing.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  17. Fil

Fil Captain

If you guys want to stop rumbling...no time like the present, right? I think sometime in the next 10-15 minutes would be perfect!

Tex and BB-8 like this.
  18. WD solution: make it follow the troop closest to it when it is deployed. If that unit dies, make it follow the next closest unit. That way, you know where it will be going and it's easy to make sure it follows the unit you want it to.

If all units are dead aside from the WD, make it go towards the largest clump of skeletons

Fang and Fil like this.
  19. Fang

Fang First Mate

i kinda like this idea. at least it would be predictable and we could control it in some way. wait...isnt that the way the old system worked?! lol ...well, except for the part at the end there.

850arrr likes this.
  20. I believe it used to be like that and then people complained because it followed one unit when it strayed from a group. Well,that's their fault. Then I believe it switched to following the biggest cluster of units? Id rather pick the units it followed and let my mistakes cause screw ups than try to get it to follow my gunners and have it always leave to a jug instead.