What's the Story behind your Pirate Name?

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by Tiger Lilly, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

So I was thinking, potentially a dangerous thing, anyways when I go farming or streaking I come across some unique and very unusual names of islands;). Then I start wondering what's the story behind the name? For me I googled Famous Women in Piracy, I know real original :rolleyes:. Anyways, If you would like to share your story behind your island's name, I would love to hear and I'm sure lots of other fellow pirates would too!:):p

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  2. Ian

Ian Commodore

Hmmmm.. nothing fancy or imaginative about mine. Being new to online gaming I just used my own name :rolleyes:

3. flyingdoucheman

flyingdoucheman Magical Banner Wizard

Ummm , classic name combined with wit, sarcasm & kind of an all around Douche-like temperament , lol, plus helps Me remember with this game that's a grind "not" to take it all too seriously. I just think it's dam hysterical. :D:D:DFD:D:D:D

4. Mobotts

Mobotts Captain

I use this game name practically everywhere... it's a childhood nickname so nothing cool

5. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

My name for pp is my gamecenter name, which I made a long time ago before I knew of the potential other interpretations of it :eek: name of my fav baseball team, and the year they first won the World Series :)

6. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Glad you asked, and in case it is not so obvious to everyone, my son picked it based on his favorite character (that you see as my aviator) in a iPad game. And contrary to what many first assume, has nothing to do with a certain well known yellow spongy fellow.

7. Scarlet Fever

Scarlet Fever First Mate

Interesting topic...simply from what I studied at university:cool:

8. McQ

McQ Captain

Think most people know mine but it's after one of my fav fashion designers Alexander McQueen - the tenuous pirate link being he uses lots of skulls in his designs. My alt Savage Beauty was the name of the exhibition of his work after he died.

9. Purple Rose

Purple Rose First Mate

I'm obsessed with purple and the rose just fit.......plus I have a purple rose tattoo

10. Purple Rose

Purple Rose First Mate

I actually found this story very interesting. Great question to start with as I have always wondered about some

11. Ian

Ian Commodore

HHmmm... and where would a fearsome Lady Pirate carry such a tattoo? :rolleyes:

Scarlet Fever, Christy and Mobotts like this.
  12. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Captain

Haha... My fave color is pink and being from Texas i like tacos?? <--- that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :p:D

13. Blueberry

Blueberry Captain

I asked my son what our (he and I played together at first) fearsome pirate name should be.... he was 4... and I had no idea i would one day be in a guild or that other people would come to know me as 'Blue' :rolleyes::p

14. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Arrrgh... the first part of mine be that all the best pirates have wooden appendages... and being an idiot where else would I stick it? :p

The second part is due to a British comedian (Rowan Atkinson) - the way he pronounces that name is priceless! :D

My alternate acct is called Mucking Fuddle... suffice to say a 'muddle' is a British word for a confused mess & I was feeling decidedly juvenile when I created it! :rolleyes::oops:

15. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

Wow, these are great stories, much more clever and interesting than mine:oops:. However I do have another Island named Pink Unicorn (my daughter's fav color is pink and loves the horned variety of horses), that I started sharing with my 8 year old daughter but soon she lost interest, but I kept the Island and name. Sometimes I refer to myself as the Pink Blur when I attack opponents:p. Here comes the Pink Blur to plunder and pillage your Island, lock up your women and children to keep them safe. (Lol, just kidding). Please keep responding, I love reading about your stories:)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  16. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

S stood for first name, K stood for last name. So basically, first two letters were initials. Killzone was one of my favourite games and it just had a ring to it all together, and then then number 10 was just my favourite at the time. Also, Skillz makes for a sweet nickname! ;)

17. Dog Breath

Dog Breath First Mate

It's what my dentist calls me .... I am kidding !
    Nothing too remarkable, had been cuddling my dog just before I downloaded the game and I think there was a vodka or two in that timeline

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  18. Christy

Christy Commodore

Do we get the stories behind your past names too :D:)

19. Christy

Christy Commodore

When I first started playing I was a non gamer in every way. So wow a pirate game how cool. Without any thought I chose the very original name of Mrs. Sparrow (I know great choice) after I decided I was hooked I needed a new name and wanted my real name in it. Someone in my guild at the time came up with my current name. And I can't for the life of me remember who it was :oops: so huge thank you to whoever came up with it for me :D

20. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

I googled 'what's my pirate name' and ended up on piratequiz.com. Completed the humorous questionnaire, and Morgan Flint was born. :cool: