Base Design #5

Discussion in 'Island design for each PH level' started by Pirate Fear, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

Here is the base designs for PH 5.

Same rules as the main!

Go ahead!

2. Hi all,
    Here are some screenshots of my base design. The design is aimed at protecting my gold and grog. I don't know if sharing 'trade secrets' is a good thing. But it doesn't matter. I believe in sharing the knowledge. So, here we go.

There is an opening/door in the walls (we call it 'chaos doors' because of @Chaos5715 ). It is present because, pirates usually end up coming through these doors instead of breaking the walls. As you can see, these doors are heavily guarded with mines, cannons, guard towers and mortars. So, we are essentially, funnelling them to a narrow passage and then attacking them. (Just like the film 300!)

Also, some buildings are kept far away in the corners so as to reduce the chance of 100% destruction and a 3-star win for opponents.

I will add more decorations soon. If I cover it with decorations then the distance they have to walk to reach the pirate hall & storages increases. This gives me some more time and essentially reduces the amount they steal from me.

These are the general principles behind the design. I am sure it can be further improved. But it is working out well for me at the moment. So I will keep it like this.

Your thoughts are welcome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

@ThunderStorm looking good! Keep it up!

Hopefully others can critique it also!

4. Yes, Fish is right. I forgot to mention the outhouses. The outhouses are in the range of my cannons, guard towers and mortar. When attackers are busy destroying the outhouses, they will be killed by my firepower. Same is true about the third outhouse and the blacksmith near the entrances. They keep attackers occupied while my arsenal can destroy them. It shields me to some extent and prevents a direct attack on my storages.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  5. However, I am not able to make the best use of my bunkers. They are fairly vulnerable to gunners from corners. Someone please suggest an alternate design or a better placement for my bunkers.

6. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

[​IMG]

I'm always quite partial to farming styles. Bunkers are pointed in to protect each other and storage. Mortars overlap a bit and cannons are in place to protect the mortars. The ship just covers the land surrounding the Pirate Hall so as to discourage lower levels from attacking.

7. Well this is a new concept. Haven't seen anything like this before..
    But don't forget pirates can still be dropped next to your ship.

I would drop 2 brutes on both sides of your ship (normally I use juggs now, but at your level that ain't fair) to distract and send gunners from the other side where your towers are placed. Maybe some bombers to destroy those pesky towers first.. Pretty solid base I would say, I would only attack if you got serious resources.

8. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

And right now I rarely have 200k of each

9. Bear

Bear Commodore

I like the farming design, but people can drop a couple pirates at the corners of the pirate hall and snipe some free rank. When I farm I make the pirate hall available on an edge of my base, but make it a little harder to get by placing traps and covering it with a few defenses. makes people work a little for the free rank I'm giving them.

10. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

It's a fine line between making them work for it and pissing them off to go for 100%

11. Bear

Bear Commodore

[​IMG] my current base

12. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

How does it work for you?

13. Bear

Bear Commodore

It works great for defending people my lvl. I get wasted every once in a while but it's by people with high lvl troops and that can hold more than 50. I get attack from the north side mostly. I've thought about rotating my bunkers to face that direction.

14. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

The problem is...if you rotate them..they will attack from the sides.

15. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

@Bear Nice base idea. :) One tip: I see your NW and SE cannons are pointing in towards the town. If you rotate your cannons/gun towers so they're facing where you expect the most attacks, they can start firing instantly when an attacker is in range, rather than taking a few seconds to turn around and aim at them. You'll get a few more shots off this way.

16. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yeah. Guess I'll leave the bunkers how they are.
    @Kelani I didn't know that made a difference. Thanks

17. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

@Bear That's what I thought too, until recently. I assumed cannons/towers spun around randomly, but they actually stay pointed in one direction, and pivot a few degrees left and right. If a target comes in range from behind, it takes 2-3 seconds for it to turn around and fire. It's not a game-changing strategy, but getting a few extra shots in could make a big difference in a close fight.

Note: This tip applies to mortars, too. They also have to rotate to face the target before firing. Even though the barrel can pivot to fire in two different directions (which should cut the rotation time in half), mortars seem to take a bit longer to reposition than other defenses.

Edward Kenway and Bear like this.
  18. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

That base looks very good. I wouldn't attack it if I had the chance:D Don't like to attack bases like this, when i drop my troops they spread out too much.

19. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

What?? I never new that made any difference. thx a lot for the tip:D