Base Design #5

Discussion in 'Island design for each PH level' started by Pirate Fear, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

No problem. :) The devs put a lot of thought into this game, so it's amazing what goodies you'll notice when you look reeeaallly close at your town.

2. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I just rotated my defenses now so that they point in the right direction.:D

3. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Can I add this to my pinned thread? I will give you credit of course:) or should we keep it a secret lol

4. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Go for it :) I still have other secret tips that I'm not sharing with anyone. For now. :cool:

Edward Kenway likes this.
  5. ATKone

ATKone Crew

Hi!

I've just reached LvL.5 with my Pirate Hall, took Gangrene Beard's island concept and tweaked it a little bit, because for me it made no sense to protect the Tavern and other unimportant buildings, and leave the Gold Mines and Grog Distilleries unprotected. I mean, if you enter the game every hour and collect your coins and grog, so that it's all stored, it's something else... So, I tried to keep the base mainly as a farming base, but also try to protect the town hall a little bit.

I am attaching the picture, where I've mocked up just the areas from the defence weapons, and left out the area from the ship's cannons and from the mines.

Hopefully it helps! :)

PS: I think it also looks like the Decepticons logo, if you look at it in a weird way! Awesome! :))

[​IMG]

6. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

7. ATKone

ATKone Crew

Thx!
    I was thinking that if I post something, why not do it with style?! :)) So, for 5 min of working, it's oki, but the circles are the actual radius. That's why on the right side for example, the mortar's radius is smaller, because the mortar on the right side is only lvl 1, and the one from the left side is lvl 4...

8. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

haha awesome pictures!:) I think the base looks good as well.

9. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

[​IMG]

10. Kit

Kit First Mate

Great looking base, @ATKone! Personally, I like for my cannons to be protected by walls, but that looks sweet indeed. Having good results with it?

11. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

BTW @ATKone, what device are you playing on? I SO want to have shadows as well, but my iPad mini can't handle it:(
    iPhone or the new iPad Air? :)

12. ATKone

ATKone Crew

Right now I am playing on the iPhone 6, but I also have shadows on the iPad 3. I did not know that on the iPad Mini there are no shadows. Weird... :| I thought that the game was made in Unity and published the same for all i-devices. It would be great to have it for Mac too.

And for the base, nobody attacked me yet, but even though the cannons are not surrounded by walls, they each have a mine right next to them, so that should help. In plus, one gatling gun reches half of the Pirate Hall and the other one reaches one of the towers, and I think that's cool. And still have a bit of wall, surrounding the Pirate Hall, so that the troops need to go arround it first, giving me a chance to kill them or at least make them take some damage before they reach any of the important buildings or storages. Ofcourse, it all depends on how many troops they have and their level...

Kit likes this.
  13. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Its' because the iPad mini's graphic ship isn't strong enough. That is why I'm thinking of buying the new iPad:)

14. ATKone

ATKone Crew

If you'r talking about iPad Air 2 or Mini 3, I'm pretty sure you won't have any problem running games for the next 4 years minimum. :) But buying a device just for some extra shadows, don't know what to say, it's your money... :p

:) This is dedication! :)

15. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Hmm. I don't have shadows on my Air. It's new, but not an Air 2.

16. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Only iPad Air 2 can have shadows. And the iPad mini with retina and the new iPhones.

17. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

That is very annoying...

18. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

ITs because the new versions have a new graphic chip. The old chip can't handle shadows in this game.

19. Bear

Bear Commodore

[​IMG] This is my new base. I unashamedly stole it from some pirate that I attacked. My attack that normally 3 stars most PH 5's failed miserably against it. Since I have started using this base. My defeats have went down significantly. I haven't had a shield in 3 days.

20. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

Nice base. Do people ever just go for the PH? Seems kinda easy to get it.