Ability to send messages to islands we attack

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by Captain MetaTauta, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Captain MetaTauta

Captain MetaTauta First Mate

2. Like: Warning i'm going to raid you like non before and not going to let a stone unturned?
    or like: I liked you base. Could you please send me you mobile number if you are a girl somewhere between 20-35?

3. SaK

SaK First Mate

Lol...fish eye!!!
    But hey that's a good idea! And after few years you will see PP is doing marriage bureau in game play... Having marriages, babies, flirts...oh! I'm excited

4. captaintau

captaintau Crew

Absolutely not.

As this forum has proven there are some prize ***** out there that would gloat after the attack. This is essentially another form of cyber-bullying.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2014
  5. ElGordo

ElGordo First Mate

@SaK
    oh yes, sweet little pirate babies with wooden leg and eye cap. Cuteness overlad.

@MetaTauta
    oh no, I hate message like
    I know where you live...

SaK likes this.
  6. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Message system is absolutely needed. All in game messages provide option to block and report people. A great many games already utilize them and it adds greatly to the gaming experience. Many of us play to socialize with friends, the actual game is secondary to our reason for playing. There are a great many advantages to having an in-game messaging system in place. Very little drawback.

donkeykilla likes this.
  7. Kizmatti

Kizmatti First Mate

Well said and couldnt agree more.

8. Captain MetaTauta

Elgordo...what if, well, I really do know where you live

9. Captain MetaTauta

Simma down now, simma down

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2014
    .Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  10. ElGordo

ElGordo First Mate

Maybe I'm too Old School, still like & use E-Mails...

But I would like the idea of feedback,
    like "Did you enjoy the warm and friendly 3-Star-Attack by AtariGeneration Guild?"

Ok, why not a "global" message system

11. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

As I have said before. Game personal messaging usually comes with an option to turn it off. So for all you people that are anti-personal messaging, just turn it off. You will never even know it exists. You can still have your game without personal messages, and those of us who really want it can have it. Everyone wins. Just because it is available, doesn't mean you have to use it. You can block everyone from messaging you except your Aunt Shirley, even block her too if you like :D. I am willing to bet those who are against it will utilize it. In other games I play, it is used by everyone, without complaints or concerns.

12. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Good idea! I would also like the ability to scratch "pinky was here" into the ashes.

Gangrene Beard, ElGordo and Tikigirl like this.
  13. Bear

Bear Commodore

i've been in games where post attack you can leave a taunt or message, and I never liked it. seems pointless to me. I'm not the taunting type.

yeti likes this.
  14. 小绿(Green)

小绿(Green) First Mate

I totally agree with you @Bear, its pointless, it will also result lots of angry people with abusive languages.

15. Christy

Christy Commodore

I would rather not have to log into a game I'm playing for FUN and have to read a milicious comment from an angry player :( Already had it happen here in the forum. So for me.....bad idea.

# Johnny Doe # and Bear like this.
  16. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

Everyone, if you don't want personal messages, you just turn it off. Then no one messages you and you don't have to worry about these issues that you are using as arguments against private messaging. Like I have said a dozen times before, if you don't like it just turn it off and don't use it. But there are a great many of us that believe this would be a much needed missing feature that will enhance the game.

Captain MetaTauta likes this.
  17. 小绿(Green)

小绿(Green) First Mate

No, it doesnt work, even if you turn it off, once you turn it back on and goes to attack other players, there is a high possibility that you'll get a bad feedback from them and it will be disagreeable.

Even the personal messages is turn off, they can still feel the anger of the the one they attacked. Because the concept is there, and this concept will make them to be afraid to turn it on. It will make their experience unpleasant for sure. Seeing strong languages, once is enough, Some may even be emotional angered that they will quit the game. The peace in this community is very important

Christy likes this.
  18. Christy

Christy Commodore

Agreed. I see no good coming from leaving personal messages. Why? To brag about what you took? Plot your revenge? I doubt there will be much "hey have a great day.....sorry I stole so much gold!"

小绿(Green) likes this.
  19. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I just save my witty/sarcastic messages for my replay descriptions. I don't think I'd like getting evil messages and not being able to reply. :)

Christy and Shonda La like this.
  20. Agreed this bird likes too poo on stuff (replays)but he doesn't liked to get poo'd on. (If you know what I mean)

Bear and Kelani like this.