Ability to send messages to islands we attack

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by Captain MetaTauta, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

I try to be clear in my responses to say a personal messaging system. I am not talking about sending one hate message after every raid. That would be a complete waste and anyone doing it should be banned.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    .Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  2. Captain MetaTauta

Captain MetaTauta First Mate

There are policies in place to deal with troublemakers. Every idea is not nefarious. Beginning to wonder about the ones who are always on the negative side of ideas posted here! Most of us are here to have fun and enjoy this great game

3. No wrong nope never going to happen ...bad bad idea , but I value your views even if they are wrong ...lol :D...nefarious hmmm I like that name Lord&Captain Nefarious.

4. yeti

yeti Captain

When did this become facebook/twitter/tinder etc? There are already heaps of ways to tell people about your lunch or chat up random men...err...women sitting in basements, why do we need more? Heck, we already have the forum and guild chat for it. Ability to turn it off or not, it's a no from me.

5. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I am willing to wager most people against the idea of a personal messaging system have never used one that is well designed. I am sure there will be some that will get on here and say "Yes I have, and it didn't work". My response would be then that was a very poorly designed PM system. PM are a great asset to games like these, and once instituted properly most will say they are vital. As stated, plenty of systems in place to prevent abuse of such a system. There are a few games that have done it right and it is used and appreciated by almost every single player I have ever spoken with that was using the PM system. Again, if you don't want it, one touch of a button turns it off you will never know it was even there.

Captain MetaTauta likes this.
  6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

You've just 3-starred someone's town with two gunners, and stolen 600k/600k
    You have an option to send that player a message.

I don't think there's a person alive who wouldn't be tempted to give them a little hell about it. Even a nice person saying "I'm so sorry!!!" would sting.

Christy likes this.
  7. Captain MetaTauta

Bad bad bad megatron

8. I was doing my impression of Debbie downer shooting down your ideas lol..:rolleyes:

9. Christy

Christy Commodore

I've played SEVERAL online "social games" in the few years. I am VERY familiar with messaging and private messaging and it was great for THOSE games. This is not a "social game!" Social forum and guild yes but not a full blown social networking game. I still see no good coming of it. Find them in the forum if you need to leave a message that bad.

DobleTippen1st likes this.
  10. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

For me it is social. I have friends spread out among several different guilds, and I am sure that number will only increase as more people I know play Plunder Pirates. We have 4 different Line chat groups going, and it's a pain to have to leave the game to talk to friends in other guilds using line chat. It's also a pain leaving messages for them on Line for discussions I wish to share PP related. And not everyone uses Line chat. The limit of 32 messages in guild chat guarantees any messages I post in the group chat will be gone before many get on to see it. When wars begin with this game, coordinating strategy will probably be extremely challenging without sending private messages to individual members telling them what is needed on their part. Besides, I would like to discuss some issues with trusted guild members and not have those discussions in guild chat. I feel I shouldn't have to use a third party app to communicate effectively with friends and alliance mates in PP. I can understand the other side of the argument, but I can't understand why people can't just 'turn chat off' if they don't want to use it.

And as for communicating with those we attack. Sure, we might joke around or send apologetic messages to friends we attack. But rarely have I seen people attack others personally over a raid. If someone did that to me, I would block them and not give it a second thought.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    Captain MetaTauta likes this.
  11. Christy

Christy Commodore

I have a lot of friends in other guilds too @Spongee and yes it is a hassle to leave the game to find them here to chat. But unfortunately many people would use it for bad rather then good. So I am so thankful to have this forum so I CAN stay in touch with my friends from other guilds.

Bear and 小绿(Green) like this.
  12. Captain MetaTauta

WOW just WOW

Just thought of new idea for game...unlike button in forum

13. Captain MetaTauta

Silly Meg

14. Christy

Christy Commodore

If your going to quote my post @Captain MetaTauta at least quote it all so it's not taken out of context. Thanks!!!

15. Captain MetaTauta

It was said in context.. Lol. Just your context

16. Captain MetaTauta

Btw how do I post an avatar?

17. Christy

Christy Commodore

No you quoted a piece of it but whatever

18. @Gangrene Beard really?

Clash pirate likes this.
  19. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

20. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

First, have an image you want to use saved.
    Second, click on your profile page.
    Third, click on the black image.
    Lastly, follow the instructions there for the upload

Also - play nice with @Christy :)

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. and Christy like this.