About Legendary Pirates ("Heroes'')

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SirVin, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Yea what happened to the heroes? :D I would love it if they made it like COC, rather than just a simple ''stronger'' unit like frankenbrute. Make him upgradeable and customizable. Maybe he could even guard the island?

2. Reading some things on it and as some say it could offset balance of game and so on and so on, so if midoki taking time on this or shelved it then I understand why.

Clash pirate and yeti like this.
  3. Bear

Bear Commodore

The closest I want to a hero would be seasonal troops like frank. Maybe a permanent troop like frank. But is replaced by the seasonal troops.

yeti and Kelani like this.
  4. Landon

Landon First Mate

BlackBeard - Brute
    Henry Morgan - Jugg
    Calico Jack - Gunner
    Captain Kidd - Buccaneer
    Anne Bonny - Thief
    Davy Jones - Skellywag
    Jack Sparrow - Bombers (these guys are so perfect for this character)

Just an idea

5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

now starring....

Kathy Bates / Michael Clarke Duncan - Heavy Gunner
    Calista Flockhart - Skellywag
    Phantom of the Opera - Witch Doctor
    Jessica Alba - Priestess

6. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

I am waiting eagerly for Abram Hershberger, fierce Amish pirate:

[​IMG]

7. evenpoint

evenpoint Powder Monkey

So any tipps on what LP to choose first?

8. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I still haven't chosen because apparently you will be stuck with your choice, so i'm waiting as well. Though it looks like most people are choosing Mack (the short guy) over the bomber fellow

9. Skull King

Skull King Crew

My choices were McKraken and Cornelius. Just random what the trade ship brings in I guess. Somewhat random maybe.

10. evenpoint

evenpoint Powder Monkey

I guess I will do the same.
    Thanks Reply-Ninja-Ed :)

Edward Kenway likes this.
  11. John56

John56 First Mate

I chose the Bomber, Romeo Boomer, since a few in my guild already had Mack.
    Mack seems to be better as an offensive tool from what they are saying and the buggy replays.
    Romeo is awful on offense, but his defensive skills (+1% damage from all cannons on your island and +1% wall strength) are decent. Upgrades will increase those percentages. Just make sure you are attacking everyting on your map to get treasure chests as you need materials from them to upgrade the Legendaries.

12. Yeah... I accidentally chose cornilius... He is not good at all, a weaker version of Santa really. Now I am stuck with him and can't get rid of him

13. Skye

Skye Commodore

When you upgrade your fort you will be able to hold more, and Midoki has confirmed that no more than 6 legendaries will be released before we can upgrade our forts to hold even more, so don't worry about being "stuck" with them, you can hold all of them in the current upgrades!

Also, the pirates are unlocked at ph4, so expect their initial stats to be around the same as any ph4 pirate; when fully upgraded, for example, boomer gets 75% more hp, around 400% more damage, more speed, and does a ton for your walls and cannons! (Defensively he's probably better than mack, because his ability is island-wide rather than confined to a radius)

ALL pirates start out very weak. Don't expect much from them, except to soak up a bit of damage and knock down a couple outhouses at this point. They become ridiculously strong with upgrades.

14. ^ Exactly!

(How do you quote on this forum?)

15. Skye

Skye Commodore

bottom right corner, reply button!

16. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I chose the bomber! xD He has better perks as well and gives a boost to certain buildings across your whole island. Mack's abilities only work a certain range

17. Bear

Bear Commodore

18. Beck [Midoki]

Beck [Midoki] Designer Staff Member

Skye is spot on here, we wanted players with lower PH levels to be able to play with the LPs as well, so they start off at that sort of level.

There will also be LPs that require more of a tactical style of gameplay whereas others will do straight damage etc.

Hope you all enjoy finding out their strengths and levelling them up!

Skye, Bear and peg-brain bob like this.
  19. SirVin

SirVin First Mate

Ah finally Legendary Pirates Has Been Added I Got To Choose Mack McKraken And Romeo Boomer
    I Personally Chose Romeo Boomer Cause It Has Perks For The Whole Islamd :p

20. flyingdoucheman

flyingdoucheman Magical Banner Wizard

The only use I thought the hero fort would be good for is using it to strengthen wall attacks like we use both ships for. Alas, this is not the case.