Academy level 9

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by Mannyik, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Skye

Skye Commodore

I was prepared way ahead of time for PH10, I gemmed it within a minute of the update going live, and started the AC without even checking the cost. I wouldn't have minded paying the BP, as I have more than enough. Getting it for free probably did very little to help anyone else like me that was already prepared to speed up their PH10, as most of us have several hundred thousand BP left over. If the AC upgrade was the other way around, and it cost double BP on accident for the first hour, I still wouldn't care or ask for a refund, as BP and EP are both completely pointless to anyone thats put in enough time and money to instantly get PH10 and AC going.

I also managed to get $30 in on that 1 hour gem sale that was accidentally added :) I don't see anyone asking the extra gems we got by being diligent to be removed.

Ian and cmooneey like this.
  2. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

Most but not all :)
    I don't buy gems and therefore had ~60k BP. I gemmed the PH and started the Academy so my BP is safe. Loving life - that 45k would have HURT.

3. Raider

Raider Powder Monkey

@Bou Regreg im not bitching about you guys gemming and rushing your buildings..In fact Congrats!
    What i am bitching about is thats its not fair for anyone else who will have to pay up the bp now.
    Midoki should have left it as it was with no bp cost. Seems like bad buisness ethics to go back and make changes now when others already benefited greatly from the "bug" or whatever
    You already payed the cost to upgrade & rejoice in your new academy building. That you didnt pay any BP for it was a cherry on the top.
    Id like to have a chance @ getting that cherry on top also
    Like i said earlier, still doesnt sit right with me that imma have to pay a lot more for an upgrade than others did.
    @Skye - buying gems is different. Its an individuals choice to spend the money or not. That you were able to notice and cash in on the sale congrats to you. But if i would have spent the same amount of $$$ as you, and the etra gems werent given to me id be on this here forum writing about my bad experience also.
    Its all about whats right for the rest of the gamers and im here standing my ground calling out midoki on this bullshit.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
    Lnds500 and 850arrr like this.
  4. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

@Raider i didn't gem or rush my PH or academy. As a mater of fact I still have a single storage that I need to upgrade. Yes, Midoki had a blue plate special for the first comers, you just didn't arrive in time. Neither did I, ...off to win me another 45k BP, and enjoying the game.

5. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

It was expected that the Academy upgrade would cost BP.
    Every upgrade before this one has cost BP.
    It was never advertised that it wouldn't cost BP.
    They made a mistake and it's been rectified. They've made plenty of mistakes before and if you capitalise on them, good for you.

Don't get me wrong, I would love for the BP cost to disappear for the sake of my second island who has a mere 10k BP but I don't feel entitled to it.

6. Mannyik

Mannyik Powder Monkey

So, to upgrade to academy 9? We need how many bP?

7. cmooneey

cmooneey First Mate

From what I'm told 45k BP

8. Skye

Skye Commodore

None of my bp comes from buying gems themselves (1k for a $20 here or there), it's from gemming a ton of battles and buying tons of chests.