Allow First Mates to start rumbles

Discussion in 'Guild Improvements' started by Bear, May 22, 2015.

1. Bear

Bear Commodore

Please allow First Mates to start the rumbles. This will allow cost to be distributed, and for guilds to be more active in the rumbles.

Better yet, include quartermaster in the guild ranking already.

Fulcrum, Salty Snack, Ian and 5 others like this.
  2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

We're planning on potentially expanding the ability to start Rumbles to First Mates!

John56, Fulcrum, Super-Nor and 5 others like this.
  3. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

yea I think we need a quartermaster rank, @Lynsey [Midoki] and a way for captains to send a message to ALL guild mates, so when they log in they get a notification.

Raptelan and CyborgGR like this.
  4. CyborgGR

CyborgGR First Mate

Yes that would be great... In my guild we have exchanged emails and we are communicating in this way. But it is not the right way...

5. TBird

TBird Captain

And adding Quartermaster????
    hmmmmmm
    Will I be seeing a sooooon soon?

LYM likes this.
  6. Christy

Christy Commodore

+100 Since I already have my alarm set to get up early tomorrow on my day to sleep in to start our rumble :eek::D

850arrr and BB-8 like this.
  7. Ian

Ian Commodore

+1 here... Happy to share the load and responsibilty

8. BB-8

BB-8 First Mate

or at least give us the ability to send gems to the captain.

9. BB-8

BB-8 First Mate

Even better, donate gems to the Guild Hall for use of the rumble. Maybe 1 gem from everyone's bounty can go straight to the GH to be used to start a rumble as well.

10. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

Within our guild we agee, the number of participating guild could increase significantly if first mates would start Rumbles. Not only the gem "load" would be shared but also lesser active captains's would be urged (bottom up) by the guild to become more active. And if not... They Just bypass him/her :D and start the Rumbles themselves.

+32 from our guild!

11. Fulcrum

Fulcrum Powder Monkey

+1

Let's go Dutch! Just like guild perks. Allow the guild leader to bring up a gem donation window with the ability to members to carry the weight, to a certain percentage. The guild leadership can choose to pay in full, just in case guild crews do not/can not cover the cost.

Kelani likes this.
  12. Cocoapuffs

Cocoapuffs Powder Monkey

I agree letting first mates start rumbles but also donating gems to guild hall or captain too!

13. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

+1 Bring on the Quartermaster.

And come on, just drop the 5 gem cost for starting rumbles already. It's a completely useless annoyance, especially when you're already getting plenty of gem usage from the rumble itself.

Charging gems for starting rumbles may seem like a minor thing, but it's more than that. This simple fee could be just the first of a series of changes where the most non-greedy game I've ever played will start nickel and diming us to death like all the others. I'm not OK with that.

850arrr likes this.
  14. Bear

Bear Commodore

+1 to dropping the gem cost to rumble.

15. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I think Lynsey addressed the reasoning behind the 5 gem cost to start rumbles a while back in another thread. It was not designed to make a profit for Midoki as much as it was designed to discourage some type of behavior. Sorry, can't remember details.

16. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

@Lynsey [Midoki] stated that the 5 gem cost was to ensure that only guilds who wanted to participate in rumble took part - to try and avoid guilds joining purely to collect 5th place winnings without competeing.

17. Many guild have captains that don't play anymore. Often those guild have good number of players and also have first mates. Since the captain doesn't play anymore, the guild members are not able to rumble. Allowing first mates to start a rumble will be beneficial for few guilds. I have come across some guild with dead captain. For example- Indian Daku is a guild which has 39 players but the captain doesn't play anymore. They still have first mates.

AcProt likes this.
  18. yeti

yeti Captain

Why don't they just start a new guild?

19. Naso Literatus

Naso Literatus Powder Monkey

Great idea, we have the same problem in our guild ( Hollandse Maatjes) it would-be be nice if the first mates also could start rumbles. I think it would-be also great to have a central guild bank on the island, everyone can fund gems, grog, gold,bp,ep into that bank for funding the Pirate catcher etc. This way the captain can ask an entrance fee to join the guild, and there is a complete ranking who funded the most in a guild.

20. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

Some time no that i read throug all of THE Posts... does anyone know iT midoki is still considering THE 1st mate's to be able to start RUMBLES. For our gild i can start almost always inmediately except for THE night ends. Than we reset THE start moment 1 day to THE NExt morning.