Allow First Mates to start rumbles

Discussion in 'Guild Improvements' started by Bear, May 22, 2015.

1. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Midoki have already stated that the new QuarterMaster rank (due to be released in next update) will have this ability! :)

2. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

The next update should have the Quartermaster rank added, which will allow that person to start rumbles, change MOTD, etc...

Fil likes this.
  3. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

Thanks, that was also one of My open issues/questions regarding the quatermaster. Still: would be great of you could assign separate options per member. So allow first mates or all members to start THE rumble in our case. I know this has also been discussed elsewhere.

4. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

In the next update there will be a new rank introduced - Quartermaster, which sits below Captain and above First Mate. Quartermaster will have many of the guild admin rights of a captain, including the ability to start Rumbles.

5. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

My 1st-first mate :confused: can't wait untill hè recieves his additional stripe!
    Is the option for "settable" rights ever considered? And is is realistic/programmable for midoki?

6. Lynsey [Midoki]

It's certainly do-able, but we're reluctant to make the guild admin settings too complex. Those features are brilliant in a PC MMORPG (I say that as a former World of Warcraft guild leader!), but much of our audience is a bit more casual/not hardcore gamers, and find such complexity a bit intimidating!

mlc likes this.
  7. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

O yeah anothwr question,
    Will this be auto assigned in Every guild to a member and iT must be filled like the cap?
    This would enable guilds with the low Active to be overrulled or alone ruler approach to be more team minded....

8. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

Haha. Only the cap would need to see/manage the rights. Of he/she is not up to it... We are all lost!

9. Lynsey [Midoki]

There will be a limited number of Quartermasters spots per guild. When it's introduced, if the captain wants Quartermasters for their guild, they will have to promote their chosen First Mates into the spots - your guild doesn't have to have Quartermasters positions filled though! As Quartermasters have many of the rights of the captain (they can change the guild recruitment settings, start Rumbles, change the description and message of the day, etc), we certainly won't be allocating the positions automatically.