And then the Streak Crashed.

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by LYM, Nov 1, 2015.

1. LYM

LYM Captain

WTF, twice now. YES TWICE, streaking away on plunder "nothing else" and the game crashes, first time just thought oh well, but second time 59th streak going onto the 60th and it does it again and i miss out on the admirals chest. I try to get back into the game and it says do you want to continue this streak, select yes and it freezes.

Midoki please fix the game so its more stable.

Anyone else having streaking issues, "in game that is" ;)

2. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

LYM, I'm sorry bud. You still didn't get those guild wars......
    Yah, my game has crashed during a fight many times. See how many apps you have running in the background, and close as many, as that also speeds things up. I've noticed that sometimes getting a notification ruins everything as well. This is all basic, and my apologies if you already knew this and it doesn't help. I haven't even tried streaks yet, so I am yet to know how it feels like to be so close but then go so far.

3. LYM

LYM Captain

Sadly no guild wars, yeah i hardly have many other apps open or games than plunder.

But i do like the streaks but i think it needs some tweaks.

For example:

- Allow option to view rumble scores while in streak.
    - Chat in Steaks with guild.
    - Allow option to change troops.
    - Allow a loo break ;), all pirates got to pee.....

im sure there are a few more.

I think it will make more players play more often to get the chest rather than buying chests. At the end of the day anything that makes people want to play plunder is a good thing.

John56 likes this.
  4. RonUK

RonUK Crew

Streaking seems to vastly increase the likelihood of me being kicked out of the game and back to the home screen. The general game performance for me is awful with multiple crashes, I'm lucky to remain on it for five minutes at the moment.

Mikodki, is there anything that you can do to increase the stability?

LYM likes this.
  5. I agree. I also like the idea of being able to chat during the streaks. It would also be nice to be able to fund perks too.

Viewing rumble scores as well as the streak leaderboard would be helpful. For example, today I ended up being #102 on the leaderboard but if I had just one more victory I would've ended up in the top 100 :(

6. LYM

LYM Captain

it serms the streaking is being abused, people dropping ponts then hitting noobs with one or two troops for the wins, then dropping again getting easy chest reeards

sorry to say this but picking on noobs will not keep the game alive, make streaks reset if they loose 3 battles in a streak.

@Lynsey [Midoki] can you look into this

7. Skye

Skye Commodore

I'm expecting they will raise the minimum PH level you can find even at a lower rank, then when we can't find low ph bases anymore there's much less reason to rank drop, and things work themselves back out.

Skillzone10 and LYM like this.
  8. Well, if we consider that most of those ph1/ph2 are probably minis that were abandoned and don't even have defences placed... I don't think it would affect new players in that matter if they at least build a couple of defenses and upgrade to get out of that hole. It is an insentive to make new players upgrade fast (and even spend gems in the process) or otherwise get attacked a lot.

Aside that, I wonder if it will be possible to allow to chat with guildmates and to fund perks during a streak, as those are problems that most of the guilds are facing right now. Maybe next update?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    Skye likes this.
  9. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Most...but not all. Still affects non-minis.

10. Eros@AU

Eros@AU Crew

in my opinion..win streak should be continuous to get the rewards...once u lose it should be break anyway

HornyQuokka, Jirobaliw- and LYM like this.
  11. diddly-squat

diddly-squat Powder Monkey

I've had the game crash a few times during a steak as well...
    I've had the game crash a few times during a streak and when you re-enter the game only allows you to join the streak back at the point of battle... the problem here is that if you are kicked out before you get a chance to recruit you lose the ability to fix up your troop complement.

I think as an improvement it would be good to be able to enter back into the streak at the point of recruitment... it would also be good to change recruitment set up during a streak.

12. LYM

LYM Captain

Yup and again today but this is even better, crash before recharge of the 10 troops I used and allowed me back into the streak without the ability to train troops

13. Skye

Skye Commodore

A new player can get to PH4 or so in only a couple days of playing. PH5 probably within a week. By PH6 they will probably be putting up nearly a thousand points in a rumble with normal activity (I believe it was 66 points to beat a PH6, and 10-15 wins in a day is definitely feasible), which is still a reasonable contribution.

Anyone thats still a PH2, that isn't still under their initial shield, is very unlikely to be a new player, and the loss from one attack, which gave them another free 12 hour shield, is very insignificant at that level, since collectors will regenerate the couple hundred loot they might have lost very quickly, and one attack or errand will more than make up for. If one loss at ph2 is enough to make them quit, and they hadn't progressed further than that in their initial shield, I doubt they would stay long anyways.

If anything, getting attacked, even at that low level, should show them the game is alive and well. Imagine going thru PH6 without anyone attacking you at all? That would feel like the game was dead, and unless you were lucky enough to get into an active guild, it wouldn't feel like it was worth trying. I bet the short amount of time we were able to farm them only made it look more appealing.

Plus, myself and anyone I know that were hitting low levels would take the PH, finish the fight at 1*, and leave all their loot there for them. So they were getting a free shield, an inconsequential loss, and were shown that the game was definitely still actively being played.

You can't find anyone that isn't a rumble rival thats more than 2 PH levels below you now, so its not a big deal anymore. But I doubt the week we had of beating up tiny players had a significant detrimental impact on retention of unique new players.

DerWeisseWolf likes this.
  14. LYM

LYM Captain

id sooner see a 3 level playing field, so you can only attack 3 levels above and levels below for example.

1 > 1,2,3
    2> , 2,3,4
    3> ,2 3,5,6
    4> ,2,3 4,5,6
    5> ,3,4 5,6,7
    6> ,4,5. 6,7,8
    7> ,5,6 7,8,9
    8> ,6,7 8,9 +
    9> ,7,8 9

or something like this, but then does plunder have enough playees to support it

I think this would stop people farming noobs but also make people think twice about premiture upgragding.

15. Skye

Skye Commodore

They implemented that yesterday, only its 2 levels below to 3 levels above. PH9 can only find PH7 or above unless its a rumble rival. :)

16. DerWeisseWolf

DerWeisseWolf Powder Monkey

Yes and now this happens:

"No fight found . Retry? If not the actual streak ends."

[​IMG]

Does this make sense Midoki?

17. Skye

Skye Commodore

That happens to me sometimes if my connection has issues when looking for opponents (since it doesn't get a response back with anyone to battle) :)

18. DerWeisseWolf

DerWeisseWolf Powder Monkey

never had this before Skye. Connection is stable as always here.

19. Jirobaliw-

Jirobaliw- Crew

+10 likes.. Ur correct..

20. LYM

LYM Captain

i must have missed that update . you got a link to that ?