And then the Streak Crashed.

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by LYM, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Skye

Skye Commodore

I don't think it was mentioned on forums officially yet, but it definitely happened during a maintenance yesterday. Drop down to PR1 and you won't find anyone lower than PH7 unless they're a rumble rival.

2. LYM

LYM Captain

ill pass on dropping again, i was PR1 sat and today in the 750s lol. bit too much streaking.

But anyway its a step in the right direction stopping the noobs being farmed.

@Lynsey [Midoki] have you got any realise notes on this please

3. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

3rd November - fixed bug with general matchmaking that was allowing players to attack islands several levels lower than their own. Pirate Hall range is now locked so that a player will only be offered bases that are up to two Pirate Halls lower, and three Pirate Hall levels higher. Matchmaking Pirate Rank bands have also been widened. These changes will:

• Prevent lower Pirate Hall level/newer players from being farmed by much higher level players
    • Give lower Pirate Hall players more appropriate bases to attack
    • Improve the matchmaking pool for players of a high Pirate Rank, giving them a much wider range of opponents.

4. LYM

LYM Captain

Good move, its a good idea to stop low level farming of noobs and hopefully it will make people think twice about upgrading ph too soon

Dr. Moreau's isle likes this.
  5. Although I agree with most of what you stated, I don't think streaks are easier nor faster now that the matchmaking system has been changed... Now it requieres MUCH more time because now players are matched against harder bases than before... well... it's a matter of waiting a lot, or gemming (like almost every feature in the game does)...

Thanks for the patch notes! Now it's clear what changes have been implemented into the game. It's great to know the details of any improvement made into the game.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  6. Lynsey [Midoki]

We're planning on making some changes that will reward players for having higher ranks in the next update - this includes factoring rank into Plunder Points (giving a rank bonus), and changing the PR gain/loss algorithm to also factor in Pirate Hall (so that somebody who is PH9 and PR 800 won't be stuck with a +0/-24 option when matched with somebody with an identical base who's dropped to PR 3, and potentially changing the Streak Leaderboard to Plunder Points. There is also an upcoming feature which we hope will encourage some healthy competition between players. ;)

7. LYM

LYM Captain

@Lynsey [Midoki] ill make sure the post man delivery a nice christmas pressy if you give me my guild wars :)

8. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

Sounds great!
    When is it coming?

9. I have experienced several more crashes since your last update. This never was a problem on my Ipad but now it seems to happen almost every day. The crashes happen a lot while streaking and even after getting back into the game afterwards it asks do i want to keep streaking or cancel. Well when i push strak the screen completely freezes and nothing. The only way to solve it is cancel and then the streak is gone. When do you plan on solving this???????@Lynsey [Midoki]

10. lady blackbeard

lady blackbeard Captain

Game is freezing when you select resume streak as described by Dr M. above. Lost streak of four. Needs fixing.

11. Lynsey [Midoki]

This'll be fixed in the next update. Unfortunately this happens when an Exploration journey ends during the Streak, so we recommend making sure that your ship isn't due to return during the duration of your streak until the fix comes in.

12. Thank you. Is the update coming soon then I hope? This problem makes it impossible to use my ipad2 with this game