Any tips for Pirate Hall 1+2 Battles?

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by White Wyvern, Sep 17, 2014.

1. I've been struggling allately and found that the best way to gain gold and grog at early stages are to get it from refinery sand mines, however has anybody noticed any good pirate combos for this level?

I have 15 slots in my tavern and have unlocked the Buccaneer, Gunner and the Brute.

2. Rylie

Rylie Powder Monkey

I found the best strategy for me was to level up my gunners and use solely them, they get quite powerful within a few upgrades. I'm not sure if this will work for everyone but it seemed to work fine for me.

:)

3. I'll try that! Gonna take a bit of grinding loot though, Thanks for the advice!

4. Grinded loot all day and managed to get my Gunners Maxed for my Pirate halls level, and they absolutely wreck enemy's, thanks for the advice! I sincerely appreciate it!

5. InsideOutOreo

InsideOutOreo Powder Monkey

Yea, i am a pirate hall 3 and was having the same problem. I think all Gunners will work the best

6. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

You should make sure you're raiding all the SP forts on the Exploration map as well. There's plenty of resource to be had from them, but just beware the Stongholds for the time being :)

7. Yeah, I find that the best way is to farm from higher players offering 30 000 Gold & Grog+ Resources and deploy all your troops on the exposed storages, sure ya lose battle points but you can fill your storages easily within 1-3 battles easily!

8. Razor

Razor Crew

I use all gunners, they wreck face :)

9. Me too, I currently have em maxed and I am soon upgrading to academy level 2 to max em' for that level too

10. ChrisJTillman

ChrisJTillman Powder Monkey

Same, all gunners ;)

White Wyvern likes this.
  11. Ftyga

Ftyga Crew

I got 150 Points on Pirate Hall 2 and i used all Buccaneers Actually.

12. I might try that sometime Ftyga!

13. Ftyga

Ftyga Crew

The Buccaneers are really good, i am now Pirate Hall 4 with around 300 Points and still use all Buccaneers.

14. Interesting, I've noticed that the Juggernauts stats are incredible, I might start using them once I get high enough to unlock em'

15. Ftyga

Ftyga Crew

The Juggernauts Is Actually Not That Powerful, They are slow to attack and when you get them there is the high lvl stuff that will kill them easy.

16. ChrisJTillman

Buccs over Gunners? Why so?

17. Ftyga

Ftyga Crew

I like them.

18. ChrisJTillman

I was looking for better reasoning like statistics or AI

19. Ftyga

Ftyga Crew

Then I am Gonna Say That When Maintenance is Done.

20. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

One tip that I used was to drop a gunner or two to take out their ship right when the battle starts. Most players have them anchored right next to their Pirate Hall (PH) for protection which seems like a natural thing to protect. The problem may arise, especially when you're trying to resource raid, when you're sweeping your way through a village and majority of your troops decide to attack the PH while there's plenty of collectors and storages left. With the most hit points of any building and if your using non-upgraded Bucs and Gunners this can take some time, all the while your army is getting hammered by cannon fire. If you destroy the PH you may have lost a good chunk of your army with which to clean up the resources and/or defenses.

Before you drop though make sure to check to see if any other defenses can attack you at the ship, a lone pirate is a dead pirate versus a cannon. I've found at equal levels, 1 Gunner can take out their ship in roughly 40 seconds. So if you start your attack at an angle opposite of the ship by the time you reach its attack range it will already be out of commision.

I like to use a combination of Bucs and Gunners at roughly a 40/60% ratio. For a Tavern with 20 housing space I use 8 Bucs and 12 Gunners, the Bucs have a medium amount of health so I'll drop them first to act as a poor pirates meat shield then deploy the lower health Gunners behind them. The gunners range and DPS when focused on a single target is incredible at low levels so while the Bucs draw the fire, the Gunners mop up behind them. You want them to stick rather closely together to focus their attacks on one building at a time. When you start encountering mortars and bombs you have to be able to move fast and maintain a spread while still sticking together.