APP Crashing Loop

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Gristle, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Is anyone getting an app crashing loop? I have restarted the game app, restarted the iPad (iOS 8) and everything else I could think of and it still just keeps crashing....

2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Probably connection issue during the install gave you a bad patch. Delete and reinstall and it should clear up.

3. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

I have quit the app, reset the app, reset and rebooted the iPad, tossed out the app and re-downloaded. The is not much left to do at this point. Still works on my iPhone for now...

4. You should try to throw your iPad out of the window, heard it's very effective against app crashes!

5. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

I didn't go to that extent, I was close though, but it just started working again. Not sure why after all the steps I ran through, but it did....

6. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

7. My girlfriend experienced it too, it seems to fix itself after some time..

8. Anyone with repeated crashing issues or game not loading up, please provide as much info as possible. I have not run into these issues at all while testing, and am a sad pirate that this is happening :(
    What device model are yo using? Are you on Wifi or 3G? Did it just start with the Halloween update? Anything will help!

9. One thing to keep in mind is that the iPad Mini has some memory issues, and a soft restart does not always fix these... Good idea to do a proper shut down, let it be a few seconds and then reboot.

10. My girlfriend has a iPhone 4S 8 GB. I said she should close the app entirely, and reboot. That didn't worked.. A couple of hours later she tried again and voilĂ  it worked and has worked since. Hope this helps in anyway (probably not :p)

11. That's solid info already, thanks :)
    Here, have a kitty-cat.

[​IMG]

12. That actually looks like my girlfriend playing PP ;)

13. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

About the same as my situation...it seems like time cleared it. I did notice that that the app said something about two devices being opened (they weren't) so maybe either the app or the OS gets confused...

14. Well you surely did get confused :p

15. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Yeah, my iPad mini is now a safari and plunder pirates machine :) but no crash loop on mini to report

16. David Murzi

David Murzi Powder Monkey

OK, so I'm having this crash loop problem as well. Before I give the details I just want to take a moment to say great game. I've recently gotten into this sort of game, I'm currently playing like 4 of them, and I'm pretty sure this is the best of the bunch. Nice work!

I've been playing since just before the Halloween update. Haven't had any problems until today. Today when I start the app it goes to the Rovio Stars splash screen and then to the Plunder Pirates loading screen. The loading bar progresses through loading game and then connecting to server. Once the progress bar is full the screen fades to black and stays black for a second or two, as if the game is going to launch normally, then suddenly crashes to desktop. It has happened exactly this way dozens of times. I tried killing the app and restarting it. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and also rebooting my phone.

Oh, and I'm on a iPhone 4S 8 gig.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

17. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Make sure it is not running on multiple devices (even in the background from what I saw with my phone) and then there seems to be a delay. I have a last gen iPad and an iPhone 6.

18. @David Murzi -- thank you for the detailed description, much appreciated.
    We're very sorry to hear this is happening, this is definitely one of our top priorities to figure out. Problem is that we are unable to reproduce the issue on live and QA servers, so user input on this is essential.

Looks like it could be related to iPhone 4S, may I ask what iOS version you are running?

19. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Happening to me on my iPad mini all day today. Been playing for a month and it's never happened before, today it's unplayable. I can get back in with a complete shutdown of my device but after a few minutes it starts crashing again. Happens almost every time I try to recruit in the tavern. Version 7.1.2

20. Do you get a Connection lost message or just plain crash? Also, always a good idea to update to latest OS -- 8.1 is already pretty solid.