APP Crashing Loop

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Gristle, Oct 22, 2014.

1. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

No message just a plain crash.

2. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Incidentally on my iPhone 4S 7.1.1 I'm not having any issues at all. Other than the fact that I can't see anything on there when I play cuz I'm too old. halloween_wink

3. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Ok so for whatever reason I haven't had any issue for the last 2 hours. Didn't change anything; no update, or anything and it's working fine. halloween_confused

4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

It's that time of the month for the app?

5. CJS

CJS Powder Monkey

Since the holiday update, i haven't been able to play. It loads, the shuts down, loads again for maybe 2 seconds then back to loading screen and the loading bones of death.

6. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

@CJS Make sure it is not running on another device, restart your device (until you see the Apple logo)and finally, if that doesn't work try to re-install the app. That worked for me.

7. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

Sir Bugsalot, I'm now having this issue. I've sent this email to support@rovio.com but I'll put it here too because I just want to get back to plundering ASAP!

When trying to get back into my Plunder Pirates game, the game freezes after getting through the loading screen.

Here is a screenshot from my iPhone 6 (iOS 8.1) where it gets stuck:
    http://imgur.com/mNTCbUb

The music plays but nothing is responsive. Sometimes the Game Center sign in banner shows and gets stuck there on the screen at this same exact point. After approx 10 seconds the app crashes back to Springboard.

Here is the contents of LatestCrash.ips right after the crash:
    http://pastebin.com/x3nY5znf

I've tried force exiting PP.
    I've tried rebooting the phone.
    I've tried deleting and re-installing PP.
    I've tried launching the app on reliable wifi as well as on my cellular data connection.

I've even tried fresh installing PP on my iPad Mini 2 (iOS 8.1) (that never had PP on it before) connected to the same Game Center account. Upon first launch it asked if I want to use my linked island and I pressed yes. It reloaded and got stuck in a similar state with music playing:
    http://imgur.com/9iqTrCQ

Further retries to launch on the iPad mini yield the same screen as the iPhone (so now player name, rank, gold, grog, etc not shown).

Unfortunately I don't have the player ID thing, I never wrote that down, but my player name is c00ni (with two zeroes), and I'm in the clan Aussie Sheilas.

Can you please advise what the problem might be, or what else I can try?

8. LOLOKAROLO

LOLOKAROLO Powder Monkey

Same problem here since today. My device is a iPad mini

9. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

Ipad 3, ios 7.0.4 (I think). Yes, been having same issue yesterday. If I go to check log, it crashes. No error message at all. It also crashes at another point, but can't remember what exactly. It's scary, because you have no shield, and have a stash of gold and grog you are saving and haven't spent yet. Luckily, I never got raided during the crashes, so I never got to terribly upset about it. But if I had gotten raided during a crash, before spending my saved up gold and grog, I probably would've been upset. I would clear all apps from memory, turn ipad off and on, and that seems to clear it up temporarily. I just assumed it was my device and I was having memory issues. I have less than 10% disk space left. Did have a lot of apps open in background. Did not happen on any other apps yesterday.

10. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

@Sir Bugsalot every couple days I get the iPad crashing bug (I have listed specs many times), the only common thing on both the iPad and the iPhone is a fairplay2 pid...these issues have gotten much worse since notifications started working. I am about to give up in the iPad completely.

11. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

@Sir Bugsalot experimenting, I turned off the game specific notifications and I can now use my iPad again....FYI

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  12. Blaxbo

Blaxbo Powder Monkey

Also getting crashing issues on iphone 4...It's never happen before. Begin to crash after the update of 16 february...Fix pls cause it's very annoying..thx

13. Gitarrmannen

Gitarrmannen Powder Monkey

Same here, the game crashes in random order. Just tried to raid some and everything looked good, but the damn pirates of mine decided to go to the land of crashes! So the battle was lost and all the loot, well. I have a IPad air IOS 8.1.2 and I'm using wireless. Will try to upgrade IOS a to the latest, 8.1.3

14. yeti

yeti Captain

Yep, crashing since the Chinese new year update too :(

15. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

We've tracked down an issue that's causing the majority of the sporadic crashes in this update, and are in the process of fixing it.

Gitarrmannen and Bear like this.