- Brutes VS Juggernauts -

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Edward Kenway, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Which one of them do you prefer & why? Brutes or Juggernaut?

Discuss.:)

2. Kit

Kit First Mate

Wtf, Juggernauts already?? I need to plunder more... :(

3. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Jugg's. I'm runnin 6 in my lineup which gives me 6 additional dps units vs using 6 brutes. Much more firepower. A little expensive but the tradeoff is worth it even while farming.

Edward Kenway likes this.
  4. No problems with defenses? Since the juggs don't go for it like the brutes do.

Pirate Fear likes this.
  5. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

No i don't have juggs yet:D I just wonder if I should keep upgrading my brutes or save up for the juggernaut upgrades instead.

Kit likes this.
  6. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Are yours upgraded? or are they good as they are when you first get them?

7. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

That is a big problem...but jugs do get the loot for you too :)...I think.

8. Havel

Havel Powder Monkey

1 brute 1 jugg. 1 brute 1 jugg. 1 soak 1 hole. 1 soak 1 hole

Gunnnnnnner SPAM!

9. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

It MUST be in that order… otherwise you will not 3 star any opponent...:D

PlunderPirate likes this.
  10. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Not really. They cut down buildings much faster so that along with the added firepower taking less tavern space gives more than makes up for it.

11. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Lvl 3 heading to 4 now. They were quite good out the gate though.

12. Carmen Guerreiro

Carmen Guerreiro Powder Monkey

I try to mix them, since brutes take up so much space but have good training and go for the weapons. Juggs are tough, but sometimes they just stand there and stop fighting. I usually take 4 brutes and 6 juggs...

13. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

The stop-fighting thing should be fixed. I use 4 Brutes and 2 Juggs, just to save a few troop slots. They seem pretty interchangeable to me.

14. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I still prefer brutes - I just wish they were slightly tougher :)

15. Kizmatti

Kizmatti First Mate

I'm a Brute guy myself. If you need to use a Jug for his dps there is something else wrong with your line up.

Jugs do have there uses. I just don't like their A.I. Too many times I will see the them go after buildings while the defenses plummel them and the other troops. I will admit they have stamina and take a beating, but this only prolongs the inevitable.

Brutes give you control of the board with their shout skill, while gunners and bombers level everything.
    Meanwhile the Jug is over in the corner beating on the cluster of outhouses.

Gangrene Beard and Kelani like this.
  16. 912mig

912mig Powder Monkey

I reaaaaaaally prefer the Brutes. But I use both. I usually have 7 brutes and 3 Juggers in my line up.

17. Juggs only kinda guy here. I use 8 juggs, 6 bombers and 35 gunners for farming. #Mayhem :D

18. SaK

SaK First Mate

i mix them alwys...4 brutes and 5 juggs!!! Both are tanks but
    brutes can distract the dfnc with their special ability while jugss do their job!!!;)

19. ElGordo

ElGordo First Mate

10 Juggs, cause they really run (!) to mines
    plus bombers and gunners

roguecylon likes this.
  20. mana

mana Crew

Both are useful imo. Juggs on a higher rank are more of use to soak up the damage of weapons and traps. They also receive less damage from the mortars with their skill, which makes them stick around longer than the brutes especially against high upgraded weapons. Brutes are also great and needed for their shouting skill and targeted aim. Both worth to train, but I would use juggs on a higher rank only.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014