Bug with gunners?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MAze, Jun 1, 2015.

1. yeti

yeti Captain

Nice, hope it's life without parole, but love your work anyway!

TheAdmin likes this.
  2. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

What did we learn here?

Verified cheat?
    Plank Rider supports cheating?
    Android bug?
    TheAdmin should not have root access. His company needs serious PrivilegeAccessManagement.

Edit: corrected guild.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    TheAdmin likes this.
  3. Fang

Fang First Mate

"There is no life in the void only death" (Audio)

4. Arr

Arr Captain

5. TheAdmin

TheAdmin Crew

what admin doesn't have root/system level access? "TheUser" just doesn't sound as exciting... I think there is a PAM setup already in place just not an IDS.

Who is Plank Divers? They sound like a fun bunch! =D Now you have me curious! I think there is actually a team called Plank Divers... what a great name!

6. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Exactly the reason for having a Privilege Access software in place. Stop giving too many peeps access to root without real reason. I've consulted for 97% of the Fortune 100, so what would I know...

7. TheAdmin

TheAdmin Crew

I would actually be interested in what you know about it. I would probably find it interesting. What systems are you familiar with? Are you by chance a Dell consultant?

8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I smell an admin pissing contest brewing here. :D

In my old job, I secured international WANs for 90% of the Fortune 500, the US Military, most US Govt agencies, including a few I can't mention. Also had the access to effectively turn off the Internet for 13 states and 40 countries by flipping a switch. I had root on every device, switch and circuit I monitored...but not on any of the ten NT and Solaris boxes I used each day :) :rolleyes: Why? Didn't need it, so it was a security risk.

9. TheAdmin

TheAdmin Crew

That is excellent practice @Kelani

Its a shame there isn't this same level of security on mobile devices as there is in the computing world. xPrivacy is one of the best forms of mobile security that I know if using the Xposed Framework. Its amazing the types of information these apps pull from your device... even to how your holding your phone currently. Its crazy! This app however is very good with the data they request, and I appreciate them for keeping it at a minimal.

10. Fang

Fang First Mate

wow. and here I thought I had a cool job...

write any good books lately?

Kelani likes this.
  11. TheAdmin

TheAdmin Crew

ooooh and... Consultant by no means equals admin... lol more like sales guy?

12. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Was fun. Wish I still had it :) However, with great power comes the inability to use it for fun...without going to federal prison anyway :(

Fang and TheAdmin like this.
  13. Bear

Bear Commodore

So. I know a guy that is a consultant with the government working with missile defense. So he's just a sales guy? :p

TheAdmin, Christy and Kelani like this.
  14. awbo

awbo Captain

You boys :D

TheAdmin likes this.
  15. TheAdmin

TheAdmin Crew

lol... yes

Maybe I've just had a bad run in with the consultants I've dealt with? In my experience, the consultant does the talking and their personal field tech does the actual work... I am sure the government is waaaay more efficient than the average business... lol We could sure learn a lot from how they do things... =p

16. Bear

Bear Commodore

Nah. This guy doesn't just talk. He is a genius. In the time I've known him. Any time America is under any threat, or something missile related is brewing in other countries. He is on the short list to get called in. He "retired" from missile defense, but he still "consults". Lol

17. TheAdmin

TheAdmin Crew

[​IMG]

18. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Yep, welcome to the PP forum!

19. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Consultant is a vague term. But the good Sales Engineers and Services Consultants come from working as admins, or programmers. Personally I have programmed in six languages.

Kelani, I have worked in a number of NAPs, level 5 type installations.

20. I'm a greengrocer

Raptelan likes this.