Bunkers Not Attacking WD.

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by sd619, Aug 27, 2015.

1. sd619

sd619 Powder Monkey

I just had a replay where a WD was the only target in range for two bunkers. Neither of them opened fire.

Midoki, when you fix the invincible WD you might want to check this issue as well. Preferably without creating another bug.

Tiger Claw likes this.
  2. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Uhhh nothing hits him at the moment as all defenses ignore him, he's invisible.

3. Ian

Ian Commodore

Enjoy it while it lasts... should be fixed soon..

4. Skye

Skye Commodore

My guess is they were tweaking WD AI to improve the complaints about him, and put him into god mode during development so that they could see how impacting things changed his behavior, and just forgot to turn god mode off until they already sent the update to be approved, and since everyone was so used to using him that way during testing his new AI, that they didn't catch it until it was too late. If thats the case, while I understand temporarily doing that, he should really be tested in normal mode too after initial tweaks are made :c But its just speculation, so who really knows.

5. Ian

Ian Commodore

Makes up for those expensive walls ;)

Skye likes this.
  6. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

I can't wait to see what he's like post fix :rolleyes:

7. probably dead.

Ultimate Sea Dog and Tiger Claw like this.
  8. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Nope! He got tagged as an NPC in error just before submission (so he'd been fine - well, dying normally - during the majority of the testing period), and it wasn't picked up until just after submission, unfortunately.

We're just waiting for Apple to approve the hotfix, which has a several bug fixes (most notably smiting the Witch Doctor with mortality once more).

Skye likes this.
  9. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Ok everyone.....

Back to using your 10 Juggernauts again.

Just saying...:cool:

TiGeR

Ian likes this.
  10. Skye

Skye Commodore

Well thats an impressive bug then!

11. Skull King

Skull King Crew

Will all due respect, wouldn't it have made more sense to contact Apple and request the submitted update be pulled so the "fixed" update could be submitted?

I know it is moot now, but would prefer that a practice of sending out bug free updates supersede the opposite. No one would have sweated a few days difference.

Again, no disrespect intended. Just my two cents, and maybe even inaccurate due to my lack of knowledge of how the submission process works.

Christy likes this.
  12. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Thanks for the reply, but what does "NPC" stand for and was his AI fixed from the aweful AI of past?

13. Skye

Skye Commodore

NPC is a Non Player Character.
    Like the builders and goats on the island before you attack it, that run to go hide. They obviously shouldn't get hit by defenses :)

14. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Ahhhh, thanks for the explanation.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
    Skye likes this.
  15. SvenGhoolie

SvenGhoolie Powder Monkey

I've lost millions of grog and gold due to this mistake. It's not a bug... It's a glaring oversight by the devs. To rush this money grab of an update. No drops of items on 5 big fish? 100k EP for one outfit? The writing is on the wall people. They want a clash of clans money maker here. Not conducive to player attitudes at all. All my mails to support have gone unanswered as usual. Getting a little high and mighty now aren't we Midoki? The players rule! Don't let your game become the next ghostbusters app. (Look it up). I for one will not buy gems until I see the item drops change. I bought a admirals chest only to see it contain 75% farmable resources. That Midoki.... Is absolute garbage.

16. SvenGhoolie

SvenGhoolie Powder Monkey

Oh... And not to mention my rank tanking.

17. Ian

Ian Commodore

Yes, not a good time to be pushing rank, although everyone is in the same position..

18. I can understand they don't reply if your mails are like this. Dude cheer up. It's not the end of the world.

19. Travis

Travis Powder Monkey

Nice to know this is coming soon. Fingers crossed that the appearance of the Giant Enemy Crab is one of the "several bug fixes". I'm eager to get moving on the Cornelius upgrades.

20. LYM

LYM Captain

Why are bugs not getting resolved sooner, if there is a big issue with the game apple should allow a quicker fix time.