Can I control the pirate during battle?

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by titus, Sep 23, 2014.

1. titus

titus Powder Monkey

It seems that the pirates will attack automatically and the player can only control where to land them.

They just destroy random buildings.
    It's so stupid to see them attacking the academy while a cannon is firing at them.

Is there any means to set priority to choose which buildings to attack first?

2. Razor

Razor Crew

There are certain troops that take priority over other buildings like the Thief which goes for resource buildings first and the Brute which goes defenses (if they get attacked by them)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  3. titus

titus Powder Monkey

Oh that's great
    Thanks

4. Razor

Razor Crew

No problem, glad to help ;)

5. SirVin

SirVin First Mate

Sorry But Brutes Only Attacks Defenses That Attacks Them If Not The Nearest Building

6. Razor

Razor Crew

Oh yeah sorry forgot to add that

7. SirVin

SirVin First Mate

No Worrys

8. mtoomb

mtoomb Powder Monkey

Oh man we have GOT to get this issue taken care of. Dropping pirates that randomly go for the most useless buildings is a deak breaker. Take a look at Tiny Troopers, now that is how you should be able to direct your pirates. I LOVE this adorable little pirate game... But I'm extremely frustrated by the lack of literally any control over movement! They got $5 out of me so I will continue to "suggest"... :)

9. This is no "issue" this is the game. The games asks from the user to use his brain when dropping troops (or setting up defenses).
    It's more strategic this way because you need to plan ahead, a bit like the game Stratego. You must plan troop placement before the game even commences.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  10. mtoomb

mtoomb Powder Monkey

See now I disagree... "this is the game" is an unrealistic statement. Games get updates all the time, changes in controls, graphics, stabilization, etc. I can tell you right now that the developer is or has thought about whether to make that addition.. It's about whether the controls can be realistically added to the programming, which in usually not a problem, and whether thats something the publisher wants in the game. Usually if enough people speak up on forums and whatnot, the publisher either choses to address the issue, or says "that's not what we envision for Plunder Pirates." Until I see an official post saying so, I'll assume my feedback is important! :) LOVE the game! I have practiced all night and morning on different matches and, yes, there is a strategy with how you can use different pirates in groups to try and sway the fight... But it's still just a roll of the dice as far as realtime strategy. My point was that for newer players who haven't upgraded their academy or Tavern much, it can be hard to win enough matches to get battle points in order to do so. You know what I mean? But again, with practice I see how using group placement can help a lot. Cheers!

11. There was another topic about this and I noticed you also posted there once. So why need to repost your feedback? Just read the comments there. The majority of the players agrees that this is the game standard and must be preserved for the reasons listed above. So please refer to http://www.midoki.com/forum/index.php?threads/we-need-better-ai-for-troops.457/
    So I hope you keep up practicing your skills in troop placement, best of luck!

12. and
    doesn't sound like feedback, it sounds arrogant..

13. mtoomb

mtoomb Powder Monkey

I sound arrogant? Uh.. OK.? I've done nothing but offer good suggestions based on feedback that I see others posting as well. A community is made up of many different voice, opinions, etc... I would think that an honest, eager, and intelligent suggestion would be welcomed! It's arrogant to assume that your opinion is the only one that matters. I never claimed to be "right" by any means, just merely commenting on what I see as an improvement on game play. I realize that people "like things the way they are cause that's the way it's always been" but that's a completely unrealistic expectation to place on something as ever-changing as a silly little tappy-tap video game. Games are fluid, changing, adapting, otherwise there would never be such things as sequels or DLC or updates. Im writing an article on tappy-tappers and have played countless over the last few weeks, and therefore I see where some could be improved, similarities, etc. It's not arrogant to think that my opinion is worthwhile, despite any attempts to shut me down or say "well that's not the way we do things here on the Plunder Pirates forum." While it may be difficult to convey tone in a forum reply, know that I have nothing but respect for anyone else's opinion! I don't take it personally or anything.. I get where you're coming from, I just don't agree... So we can agree to disagree! :) Happy pillaging!

14. mtoomb

mtoomb Powder Monkey

And I posted on the other thread because I didn't realize there was an official thread on the subject... But I didn't see anything that said there was a limit to posts or that people can't reply to more than one thing at a time. Sorry if I missed that in the registration info! Still think pirates attack too randomly, but that's just me.

15. Just listen to that first line you wrote. Oh man WE have GOT to get this issue taken care of.
    There is no official thread on this and Midoki hasn't officially stated anything concerning this. So everything is speculative.
    Maybe @Chris [Midoki] can give us some more insights on Midoki's opinion.

16. mtoomb

mtoomb Powder Monkey

Bro, I was replying to the OP. From what he said, it sounds appropriate to me... But in all fairness, it was like midnight when I posted it. But by all means, disect my grammar line by line instead of hearing what I'm saying. Kinda done with this conversation though, have better things to do than get flamed for stating an opinion. At least I have an opinion... Most people on the interwebs these days, opinion means saying "nope, that's wrong" or "that sucks, you suck, your mom sucks", etc... (those non-opinions that are really just apathy)

Love the game! Happy pillaging!

17. Groggy

Groggy Powder Monkey

I get frustrated by units running off in random directions too. Sometimes they are overlapping, but will split up. Not sure it will be fixed, but it's likely many would appreciate either some guidance on how targets are prioritized by all (not just some) units, or the ability to 'nudge' them in at least the right direction if not set specific targets.

18. Consider the other side. With the current setup, you can create item placements that seduce the attackers into doing "the wrong thing". For example, it took me several "lessons" to learn that ships can be "Brute Attractors". Now, I more carefully consider how my Brutes can be distracted from their intended path to the mortar. Such considerations also inform how I design (well, perpetually redesign) my island.

There is a delicate balance among several dimensions in the game that I hope the PP developers don't wreck and improve where possible. IMO, too much AI in the attack would dramatically weaken other aspects of the game.

The Fish Eyed Pirate and Kit like this.
  19. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

What if you drop multiple waves of troops strategically? It works for me :)

20. Exactly what I have been saying.. :)
    And this is indeed a great strategy I use to, distracting enemy forces from there real targets.