Can please lower down the BP cost for upgrading a bit?

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Master Pogi, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Master Pogi

Master Pogi First Mate

3 builders currently doing nothing...good thing the 4th one upgrading the last upgrade for academy..☺️☺️ Last upgrade for the wall on the process, running out of gold...

2. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

BP requirement is a feature, not a benefit.
    Smoke, not mirror.

3. Mustard, not ketchup.
    Toothpaste, not vinegar.

4. Master Pogi

Master Pogi First Mate

I don't get ur analogy...anyway, whatever..☺️

Black-ish Beard likes this.
  5. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

You say potato
    I say tomato

Fakebeard the Ba likes this.
  6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Chasing 1-2 of the following each day (usually) earns the most BP. Some people get BP more consistently than others.

4* Sea Serpent
    4* Big Fish
    4* Bigger Fish
    3* Bigger Fish

Short of dropping to 1 rank and wiping out hundreds of new towns with a single gunner, that's the best option.

Master Pogi and Black-ish Beard like this.
  7. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

Well said, Kel

...tomato

8. pertatero_O

9. ElGordo

ElGordo First Mate

damned, now I want a tomato...

10. Bear

Bear Commodore

BP is not an issue if you fish.

11. Personally I don't think BP is too much of an issue. Once you find yourself close to maxed on everything as I am, you have a reasonable stash as is. Lowering BP cost for people in the future wouldn't be fair to people that already did their due diligence to get Acd 6 and Mystic Mortar level 2. If they were going to change something, I'd think providing better BP, like it used to be, with fishing and the map would be the only fair solution.

12. ElGordo

ElGordo First Mate

Yeap, at the end, you need only Grog for recruiting and you wish you had gems to speed it up.

13. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

It is, Bear. Just like some people never saw a festive fish, some people simply do not get the same BP from Fish/Serpents as others. And by that, I mean, if I hit a specific fish 10x and get 10,000 BP, they hit the same fish 10x and are lucky to get 500. There is a definite problem in the game.

14. I have that problem, and I think it may be device variance as has been discussed amongst my guild mates and myself in the past. I got 1,200 BP once on my iphone 5 and everything else has been like 500BP max.

Kelani likes this.
  15. I did however finish all the winter missions without an issue.

16. That being said, all of my BP oriented upgrades are complete, and I have ~13,000 bp in wait of future upgrades despite the lack of fish BP available to me.

17. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

The max BP was cut for Fish in the last update, so that also doesn't help. Serpents seem to be unaffected. I've no idea what causes the variance, but at some point, it becomes pretty obvious that there's a discrepancy. Like you, all my BP stuff is paid for, and I'm back up to 7,600, while people doing as much fishing as I was can't even get the BP to pay for Acad6 or MM upgrades.

18. Bear

Bear Commodore

I still maintain that it's not a problem. I earned my upgrades for my Mystic Mortars post BP cut. it took me 3-4 days a piece of fishing, and I never went on an exploration that didn't uncover some tiles. i'm working on my last 4% of the map. The highest I received from a fish in those days was 500. a couple fish only gave me grog and 2 gems. 1 killed 1 serpent in that time for 1k bp, but that was after I already had the final 4K bp and I was just saving gold for the upgrade..

it will be a pain to upgrade to academy 7 when it comes out, but it's meant to be. I think the bp situation is fine.

19. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

So, pre-BP cut, it took you 3-4 days to earn roughly 8,000 BP? That's very similar to what I've experienced. Now, compare that with players who do the same amount of fishing for 20-30 days, and can't even get 2,000 BP. You don't think that's a problem? :)

I don't know why, but it's pretty well established that some people get high BP from fishes almost every time, while others get nothing. Personally, I've gotten pre-cut max BP (1,500 - 2,000) from each 4* fish type btwn 25-30 times. Some members of my guild have killed just as many fishes, and on the rare occasions when they do get BP< it isn't half that amount. It's such a huge discrepancy, and occurs so consistently that I can't see how it could be simple variance. IMO, there is some factor that's driving the award amounts, and for some players, it is flawed..

20. Bear

Bear Commodore

No. It took me over a month to get 15k BP. To get my MM upgraded I was more intentional about fishing than I have ever been since BP is lower now. But I made sure I always had a fish in my path. When I say the most I got off of a fish in that week or two of fishing was 500 bp. that was 1 time. The rest came in 100-300 increments. and i had at least 4 fish that did not give me BP.

i just haven't seen substantial evidence that there is a majority having this problem. not even a significant minority. I realize too that this game has millions of players and we have a minute representation here on the forums, so it's hard to form an actual picture of the issue.

For that reason I say it's not an issue at all because there are so many other issues that deserve higher priority than the BP output of fish.