Changing Guild ship troop donation/acquisition method

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by SRT-Frostbite, Mar 21, 2015.

1. SRT-Frostbite

SRT-Frostbite Powder Monkey

Hi, I wanted to request a change in the way guild ship currently works.

Currently, not only it is humiliating to ask for troops especially after each battle, both it also creates a spamfest when 30-50 people in a guild all ask for troops, and then want to thank for the troops donated.
    Begging for troops (especially repeatedly) reduces people's confidence, and may get on their nerves.
    It will also ruin your guild chat, as you can not easily have a constructive discussion.

I suggest all requests and donations be moved to a new page other than the general chat, something like the guild perks. There are several ways that comes to my mind on how to do this:

1. To be able to see the status of the guild ship troops for each player on the Roster tab in guild page. From there you can see what each person requires and donate your troops right from there.

2. To have a separate page where every player can pool all the troops that they want to donate, so that other players can easily choose from the pool and add to their guild ship.

Either way is much better than the current method. If not possible, any other method that also saves the self-respect of the people and the limited space of the guild chat is also appreciated.

Skull King, Arr and Frumpy like this.
  2. Vince

Vince First Mate

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  3. SRT-Frostbite

that would be great too, but I think it's important that the request does not get posted to the guild chat, but a separate place.

4. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

The request needs to be in chat, so it won't get overlooked, BUT it doesn't work, because it clutters chat, and makes important messages scroll off faster. We discussed this a bit in guild chat and the best compromise we could come up with was:

Put an "Active Donation Requests" icon in guild chat, next to the guild name. Whenever someone requests, that icon glows. Click it, and it opens a page where you can donate to any of the active requests. This lets the feature be in guild chat, but not affect it.

And of course, we need to get some kind of notification as to who donated what. The anonymity encourages a few jokers to give a few low level bucs, ad that needs to stop.:)

SRT-Frostbite likes this.
  5. Tex

Tex Commodore

Another idea is to remove the donation request from guild chat after the donation has completed.
    There is probably a better long term solution, but this would require the least effort from Midoki.

Vince likes this.
  6. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Don't worry, having read your posts here we completely take on board you points with regards to donations in chat. We're reviewing the UI and implementation and hope to have a more usable solution in place in the very new future. Hey, maybe even the next update :)

ElGordo, Skull King, Rachael and 5 others like this.
  7. SRT-Frostbite

WOOT!
    Thanks Chris. :)

8. Bear

Bear Commodore

I like the idea of a notification icon above the guild ship, when clicked it opens a donate/request ui

9. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

@Chris [Midoki] Also, one thing not mentioned yet: Please do something about the stock Perk/Donation funding messages. For Donations, I'd recommend copying Clash and make the game remember your previously used message. This allows players to repeatedly request their desired troop types without deleting and retyping the message each time.

For Perk funding messages, I'd recommend shortening or doing away with the stock message entirely. In my guild, we like coming up with witty messages for each funding request, and it's kind of annoying to have to delete the stock message every time. :)

Strike and Bear like this.
  10. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the suggestions. We can certainly look into saving your message locally and therefore have it every time you want to send a new message.

With this in place the second point sort of becomes redundant :) Something needs to be there as a default message - some players wouldn't realise they could send a message at all if the window was blank.

Skull King likes this.
  11. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

UPDATE? THE NEW UPDATE IS COMING?
    OMGOMGOMGOMG

12. One-Eyed Willy

One-Eyed Willy First Mate

Cool idea to be able to mass donate troops to say the Guild Hall. Then members could go into the hall and recruit troops out of there with the same limitations set of course, Cooldown after retrieving X amount of troops.

13. One-Eyed Willy

Even just removing the message when a player has requested for troops once his/her request has been met would suffice.

14. Tex

Tex Commodore

Something needs to be done to control crew who take troops but don't donate their fair share. Two egregious examples I've seen, a player donating 3 troops but taking 36, a player donating 1 troop but taking 81. They were of course warned and told to pitch in their fair share. But why should we have to babysit this? Either there should be a predetermined limit built in or a setting for the captain and first mates to set limitations or cut off someone abusing the system. Any other suggestions?

15. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I have to disagree with a predetermined limit, Tex. :( Unchangeable forced limits only serves to take control away from the guild captain. In my guild, we have a guy who's trying to rank up, and we're supporting him. His He's gemming troops, so his received stats are MUCH higher than his donated. IMO, each guild needs to set their own policy regarding donations. I for one am glad I have the power to babysit this.

However, to make things easier, I'm all for allowing captains to set a Minimum Donation Ratio which a member must meet to request donations. Those that want to use it can, and those that don't aren't forced to.

Skull King, Rachael and Bear like this.
  16. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yeah. A big No to programmed limits. Just make a quick rule about donation ratios and stuck to it. People will respect it or get da boot.

Rachael likes this.
  17. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

I think it should be up to the guild leaders to enforce people who "leech".

18. One-Eyed Willy

One concern I have is that some people donate the wrong troop that is requested. It would be good to know who is sending the troops so that it can be identified who is not respecting the proper troop requests.

19. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Beggars can't be choosy! Ask but don't demand, lest you get a shipload of buccaneers!

20. One-Eyed Willy

I have to disagree as players are now recruitingn within their tavern based upon what they would like to have in their ship. And as their is no way of dumping the guild ship troops without losing rank or attacking with intent to destroy 50%+ it becomes a nuisance.