Changing Guild ship troop donation/acquisition method

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by SRT-Frostbite, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Bear

Bear Commodore

Some games in this genre have a ui that opens when you want to request troops. It let's you select the troops you want to request then only those troops can be donated to you

Kelani likes this.
  2. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Clash's way of handling it is to let you to delete any unwanted donated troops, but I like @Bear 's idea much better.

Bear likes this.
  3. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Yes

Donations requests should only become available when the receiver donates an equal amount back into the guild. The exception to this rule would be first time donation requests.

TiGeR

4. Tex

Tex Commodore

I like this concept if the captain can enter the ratio into the game settings. Nice and clean.

Kelani likes this.
  5. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

ok;

but we should also consider that not all guilds have highly active Captains. Many new players search and join guilds not knowing this in advance, etc.

TiGeR

6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Why force every guild to adhere to that? As long as I don't see a player with Donated: 0 Received: 300+ it doesn't matter to me if some request more than others. Looking at the donation requests in my guild, I see 12 people who have received more than they have donated. Some of them are because they're gemming troops to boost rank and we're helping them in that quest. If in a few weeks, it appears that some of them are abusing the system, I'll talk to them about it. If that fails, then I'll just tell my members not to donate to them until their ratio improves, which they probably would be doing already. Problem solved, and without every guild having their hands tied to protect against greedy players that may not even exist in each guild.

If anything, like Tex's idea, it should be an optional setting.

7. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

It just evens the playing field so it doesn't become abused. That's all that I'm trying to suggest. Donations request are becoming a frequent event now. Many players don't really need the extra troops at the lower PH levels and many may slow down their requests once they start spending their own resources to re-donate back into the guild.

TiGeR

Kelani likes this.
  8. Tex

Tex Commodore

Perhaps the default captain setting could be a little tighter.
    But captain has option to loosen it up or make it inactive.
    My only point is no controls will lead to abuse and some players are abusing now.

Kelani likes this.
  9. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

If someone is abusing the system, warn and then kick. Problem solved. Midoki should not have to write code to make a captain's or first mate's job easier. Rather the Devs spend their time writing code to address more important issues. A few people abusing the system should not be a priority.

Bear likes this.
  10. Bear

Bear Commodore

Let's wait and see how the changes affect the situation before we put limits on it. There is really no problem with it just being a social rule and no a programmed rule. It works fine in clash and other games. The real issue is the chat limit. We need 100+ chat limit.

11. Skye

Skye Commodore

I had made a thread about this in the guild subforum

There needs to be a better interface, yes, rather than just spamming chat. A one stop page where you can view all the ships in your guild, sorted by fullness, is one quick solution.

A better, imo, solution is to make a community tavern pool that you donate troops to and remove them from, with a donation/withdrawal log. Then just limit how often you can withdraw troops (once every 20 minutes, unless you gem). Anyone can donate at any time (maybe have a limit on how many of each troop can be stored so that guilds dont save up thousands of WD and HG) and as anyone needs troops, they take some rather than spamming everyone with a request every 20 minutes. Yeah itd take a bit of fine tuning to get it right, but its more elegant than "PLEAse GIMME GUNNRZ" ever twenty minutes.

Even looking at what the donation/received numbers aren't very useful right now anyways. Sure it points out obvious leachers. But someone can take 300 gunners and donate 60 heavy gunners. It looks like they took more than they gave, but in reality they provided the same number of slots, and significantly more grog/recruit time worth of troops. Tavern slots aren't a great indicator still if we just total the tavern slots given/received instead. WD is 2 tavern slots, but is extremely costly. If someone takes 5 wd and gives back 10 gunners, they're 1:1 in tavern slots, but many would consider that to be taking advantage.

I think the interface was rushed out with a bit too little testing and refinement. A good UX engineer would have gone a long way here.

12. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Agreed to what Bear and Skye said above. Especially the suggestions offered by Skye. IMO that would be a significant improvement to the game and a method different than many competitors. Unfortunately, Midoki seems to have already coded a different path for troop donations to take, so I guess we'll wait to see where this path leads. I have no doubt Midoki will address our concerns in future updates and will have an eventual system in place that will be agreeable to the majority.

13. Bear

Bear Commodore

I have a suggestion thread for communal pirates. Similar idea

14. One-Eyed Willy

One-Eyed Willy First Mate

Just make those who have a poor donation ratio walk the plank