Ching Shih

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nomi7409, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Marmaladesix

Marmaladesix First Mate

Western. Even the pirate galleons give BP, but only 10 or so. I forget the max I've gotten from boats, but it's been in the hundreds. Ditto chests. Miss the days of 2000bp fish though...

2. nomi7409

nomi7409 Crew

Yeah me too. Ok thanks i will try that will let you know :)

3. Marmaladesix

Marmaladesix First Mate

How much BP do you need to earn? Several short trips to collect chests might be better than a longer one to get a navy ship.

4. nomi7409

nomi7409 Crew

I need a lot buddy. Have 3500 right now. But will consume it getting Ching Shih. After taht i will be needing 7500 to upgrade academy. :( i can't seem to get it.

5. Marmaladesix

Marmaladesix First Mate

Ching is great, but training all troops in the academy is better. Then you win more battles and earn more BP. Otherwise, just keep chugging along. Does your guild rumble a lot? That's a pretty good way of getting extra BP too.

6. nomi7409

nomi7409 Crew

Yeah you are right but ching fighting alongside is a huge boost of fighting efficiency. As she directly goes to kill defences and even rally troops behind. If i get her she will help me finish off bases easily. Dont you think?

I just hate it when you make 12 hrs trip killing 5 star monster and all you get is some crap of no use or very little gold or grog.

7. Marmaladesix

Marmaladesix First Mate

Personally, I prefer Sadie. She stays out of range and takes down defences from afar. Ching needs training up which requires more BP and rare resources. Depending on which other LPs you already have she may not offer as much of a boost as what you've already got.

8. nomi7409

nomi7409 Crew

I remember i knew veey little about LPs before and as soon as i built. I probably recruited two shitty LPs that monkey guy and Ceaser. Hate them both. They are just slow and pathtic. I am upgrading my fort to have 4 slots. 2 are reserved, 3rd will be i guess ching (i have a day to think) and will keep my eye out for sadie. Hows Annabelle? One guy raided my base with her and she kept healing that too quite quickly

9. Marmaladesix

Marmaladesix First Mate

Annabelle is pretty good, but I haven't used her much since getting the newer LPs. Sadie is amazing, and the others I tend to rotate through are Ching, Greenbeard, Blackbeard, Mack and Caesar. The monkey guy is useless. The only one I haven't used yet is Black Bart, but he's waiting in the wings.

10. nomi7409

nomi7409 Crew

4th is Annabelle then :) Thanks mate for your guidance. You must be PH 10 right? How can i see your base? I bet it will be great.

11. Marmaladesix

Marmaladesix First Mate

I am PH10 but my base needs a serious upgrade! I just got raided 3x in 45 min and they got a million gold each time!

12. nomi7409

nomi7409 Crew

Wow. 3M. I guess you need to re configure base layout. At PH 10 an upgrade wont matter because all defenses will already be beefed up enough. May be visit PH 10 bases who got more victories while defending and copying their layout may help.

13. Marmaladesix

Marmaladesix First Mate

Yeah, it's just so time consuming moving everything around! But I'm finally under a shield (yup, the first two attacks weren't enough to get me a shield!) so maybe I'll reconfigure things over the next 12 hours.

14. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Streaking is the easiest way to get big BP. You can earn easy 3k-5k every day by it.

Skillzone10 likes this.
  15. Skye

Skye Commodore

For BP, the best solution I know of is to farm lots of battered chests. If you take the closest monsters in western seas, you can fight 5-7 monsters in 3.5 hours, and if you check back in and send the ship back out when it gets back in, you can easily get 10 battered chests a day. If you're even more diligent, a couple of them don't drop chests very often, and you can just fight the absolute closest one that regularly drops chests and send your ship out 2-3 times an hour, with one respawning while the other one ships out, but I don't have the patience for that - you'll get at least one battered chest an hour on average if you do it that way though, and could certainly double your haul.
    Battered chests might not always give BP, but on average they give me about 85 bp, and if you're farming 10+ chests a day, the law of large numbers suggests that you'll be making 850 bp on average a day, plus one drop of each material and a bunch of EP. Its a boring, tedious grind, but if you keep up at it, you'll be able to upgrade things pretty fast. If you combine that with chests gained from streaking, your daily battle BP, and BP rewards from rumbles, you can easily push it way over 1k bp a day on average. You'll see plenty with no BP in them, but also plenty with several hundred BP, and that all averages out to around 85 a chest.

Given how long it takes to train all your pirates every level available in the Academy, you'll have enough BP for the next level long before the current one finishes maxing out every available pirate - HG and Juggs start taking over a week per upgrade and have many levels.

16. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

@nomi7409, as much as we all love Ching, lower level bases should focus on growth and development. LPs are a big bonus, but if you are not careful they become a distraction from your real goal of base development.

Most of the posters here on the forums are maxed or near maxed. It is easy for them to play around with ALL the LPs. You currently have only two/four cells. Even with those few LPs they can be a big drain on getting BPs needed to upgrade your academy. As I said before, builders are #1....and to add to that academy is #2. Weak troops will hurt you in battle and in sailing. And Ching dies if she doesn't have the quality troops backing her.

Marmaladesix likes this.
  17. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Ching dies WAAY too fast if you don't send in a bunch of Juggs to draw fire first.

18. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Correct you are. Streaking is one of the fastest, and most efficient ways to assist your team in rumbles. What I like to do is streak again and again in a cycle of 30-50 battles. I end the streak to check out how rumble is going, and start again.
    This helps in stocking up in chests of course, and allows you to pull a lot of materials. More thank 3-5k for me. About 8-9 when I go to 30 a few times. Depends what level PH you snipe, as well.
    I would definitely use it to up my numbers.

Mannyik likes this.
  19. nomi7409

nomi7409 Crew

What is streaking? Can any of you guys explain? Somewhere i read you dont have to come to home base and continue invading. But once i won the fight i re hired, closed the window and automatically came to home bases. Am i doing right?

20. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

You can not go home while streaking, you need to stay in the streaking window or battle. The idea is that In order to not wait out the rehire time you would pay gems to speed things up.

To start a streak you need to, after a battle, stay within the quick rehire screen. Either wait out the rehire time or spend gems. Upon doing so you will get to the streaking window. Many recommend surrendering the first battle so the rehire time is zero and you can go straight into the streaking window.

Once in the streaking window you can see the active streaking buffs and change LPs if you want to do so. But you must stay in this screen (or battle) in order to continue to streak. Due to maintenance issues, Midoki has given ppl a chance to leave the game during the streak (leave game not leave window) and upon return yo are given a choice of continuing the streak. Leaving the game, however, will make the last battle a loss even if you did win it. Excepting I'd you one a chest in the last battle then it will count as a win.

Confusing, yes, but this is the best solution Midoki has come up with to deal with server downtime versus those who exploit loopholes in the system.