Couple things

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oak Island, Jun 4, 2018.

1. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

No kidding, no PC upgrade....what gives?!?!?

Intimidator likes this.
  2. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Easy answer. They need us to spend more money on the game. Which would be justifiable if we’d get more frequent updates. The upgrade grind will run its course as I expected. I’m still hoping for more dimensions to the game and something new and different to shoot for other than gemming to win rumbles and events rewards. Don’t get me wrong I don’t mind spending if I had new things to gun for. The same three events and lame rumble matches don’t get me excited all that much anymore. Blow out rumbles one way or the other. You get smoked by big spending guilds unless you wanna be online all day and night to win. Who has time for that? Or... no one wants to even try. Why bother rumbling at all? Some new sort of competition might make people spend again if rewards were decent enough and any ordinary active guild had a shot. Idk what that might be but I dont develop the game. If I did I’d definitely be scratching and putting heads together to figure out what that is. ;)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    850arrr likes this.
  3. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

@Lynsey [Midoki] has been pretty quite on providing any comments concerning the Pirate Catcher.

I don't think a PH 12 upgrade was really planned. Midoki just decided to do it and assign minimum hours (lack of new design) on its development and hope for heavy gemmers to rush his/her upgrades. That being said makes me wonder how things are really going behind Midoki's closed doors. o_O

TiGeR

Intimidator and 850arrr like this.
  4. ole Tiger Claw..do you work for Facebook, is Mike Myers going to make you President>>>Are you really who you are...Should a paint a symbol of the Founder with a Scull with the print the Alliance...so many questions..but at the end of the day you are the Parrot singing on my Shoulder...same and same and same, i love my Parrot i let him loose.

Tiger Claw likes this.
  5. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

bump.... just in case Midoki missed this. Still waiting for a comment.

TiGeR

6. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Although there's no new level of Pirate Catcher, the recruitment time for the many of the new levels of troops hasn't gone up as much per level as in previous updates. For example, the Heavy gunner used to go up 5-7 seconds per level, but with PH12 only goes up 1 second per level.

Unique Rebel likes this.
  7. @lynsey will their be a barbacue this weekend, for us Pirates, could be a good way to rejoice.

8. a small expense lol.

9. plus i have lavenders...

10. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Thank you @Lynsey [Midoki] :)

That sounds good for the HGs, but how about those pirates we use the most? GGs, bombers, gunners, sky raiders??? Wd, priestess(they have already a long cooking time), all others? How much longer they will take to cook with each level up? The most of us are using maybe 1-4 heavy gunners,but when we talk about 10-15 pirates(ggs, bombers, gunners, 1-4 wds) the time increases a lot if every one of them gets more than 1sec per level more... and recruitment time will grow for sure 5 minutes or more and time is money/gems o_O

A guild mate has calculated a bit for his own troops how much longer it will take with maxed ph 12 troops. GG's needs 2sec longer for each new level, 5 levels up, 10 gg's using is +40 sec only for them.
    His troops, 3 wd's,16 gunners, 2 thiefs, 8 SR, 12 bombers, 4 juggernauts, ONLY 1 HG, 2 priestess and 10 GG's.
    When all pirates are maxed it makes + 6min and 40 seconds, over an hour all in all. For players which don't use gems/can't/won't use them, (because not buying), and staying online(playing at a high PR or not- depends on the own habit how to play the game) during cooking time it is a VERY LONG WAITING TIME and that 6min 40sec adds almost 3 gems to recruitment costs for players which are gemming their troops. Idk about the aero's.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    MorganFlint likes this.
  11. kevedge001

kevedge001 Crew

Whilst I'd also like to see a new Pirate Catcher level, I'm more interested in this person who sits there with the game open all day waiting for thir troops to train. Maybe you could try sugguesting to them that instead of wasting days touching their phone screen every 30 seconds to stop it going to sleep, they use their time more wisely. Maybe get a job, then they can afford some gems. People are weird.

PTO Plunderer likes this.
  12. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

The game kicks you about every 5min out, and 10min is max time to be offline before usually getting attacked ;).
    Many peoples are working at home and can also stay online a longer time if they choose to do so, just tap the screen from time to time :cool:.
    For example i have time on my weekends to stay for many hours online and doing also other stuffs at the same time- i have a job btw ;).
    Staying online for many hours also has nothing to do can those peeps afford gems or not.
    Some just don't buy them and play Plunders slowlier and enjoy their mates company and chat when troops are cooking :D or do something around the house at the same time. Real life is busy enough, so why also rush the gameplay if you don't have to :). It is our own choice.

You missed my point. A longer recruitment time also means less attacks and less donations :confused: in most cases. A faster PC would of course be nice for us players, but not so much for the developer. They loose money in that way o_O

13. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

I'm getting tired of this defence. Midoki did a milk run on this recent update and plenty of gamers dropped coin to speed rush his/her PH, etc.

It seems that every upgrade is more/less a gamers penalty as costs and time increases. This really becomes obvious at the max levels. So why do we keep upgrading, because we enjoy being penalized. :D

Really tho.... 50. Min and longer recruitment times (already) suck and that's even with the current Lv 3 PC.

Just saying... :(

TiGeR

McQ, 850arrr and Intimidator like this.
  14. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Couldn’t agree more! That is why I decided to cancel my ph upgrade altogether. I’ll be a level 11 for eternity or until my island falls off the radar. Why would I wanna spend all the time and gems to do this all over again just to end up spending more than ever? No thanks.

Where’s the real update? I will tell u because no one else will...it’s all top secret lol...meaning not happening. This is their best effort to get everyone to spend before finally saying its enough already.

There are no guild wars, new events, guild competitions, nothing to gun for anymore. This is all we ever have to look forward to. More levels, more time, more money, more nothing at all really. So gem all your islands red and get nothing back. Why? What’s the rush?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    850arrr and Tiger Claw like this.
  15. 10Atious

10Atious Crew

It’s only a game. A pirate game. Not really something important to get worked up and stressed out about.
    If you enjoy it, keep playing, Otherwise, maybe give it up. Less whine, more wine......

16. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

I would have done the same thing if I didn't actuallly like the Red Wagon look, but I also need to keep myself active inside Midnight Raiders being the Captain and not having anything to upgrade gets pretty boring for a non-rumbling farming based Guild (especially considering that I clock in quite regularly).

So basically it's a personal obligation on my behalf and I'm cool with that if players are having fun.

TiGeR

MorganFlint likes this.
  17. Unique Rebel

Unique Rebel First Mate

I don't see thousands of players complaining here. It's a great game and majority enjoy it. Love it or leave it, simple. Allow the rest of us to enjoy it. Happy pirating all.

Heatmiser4 and MorganFlint like this.
  18. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Maybe because of that, that they don't bother to write o_O (for different reasons) or maybe many of them don't know that this kind of place exists. ;)

Have a nice day :)

19. Unique Rebel

Unique Rebel First Mate

Forums statistics shows 4811 members, majority seem happy :)