Create a 'watch only mode' to I occupy those minutes/hours in between upgrades

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by grahvity, Jan 7, 2015.

1. grahvity

grahvity Crew

Like when you're waiting to respawn in a first person shooter, you're able to cycle through other players POV still active in combat.

I'd like to watch other battles, especially the similar or higher ranking players and learn from their strategies.
    Perhaps we could choose to follow specific players or guilds and get a push notification when they're plundering.

Of course, this would be at some cost to the spectator, a gem or 3.

Cheers!

2. Luqman

Luqman Crew

Why not consider joining a guild?
    Your guildmates can share different raids that they had + you can get new friends :) !

3. grahvity

grahvity Crew

I am but sharing is few and far between. Long stretches of nada.

4. Got to join the right guild then, one with experience and top notch players who have been here since the beginning (and even before that).
    Come look us up at Sinister Souls if you want to learn a thing or two and have a great time in our awesome community.
    We are ranked #8 I believe.

grahvity likes this.
  5. grahvity

grahvity Crew

Thanks! I just might do that after I level up well enough.

Pirate name: 4chan

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Still a pretty neat idea.I like it, and think this should go in the Battle Master list, so, moving it there.

grahvity likes this.
  7. Burnz

Burnz Captain

This is a good idea and if they do charge some gems that would be another great way for people to spend.

Gangrene Beard and grahvity like this.
  8. Personally I don't really feel for this idea.
    For instance when I load a next base it takes some time to show it.
    And since the battles usually only take 2,5-3 minutes by the time I have connected the battle is almost halfway done or so.

Yet the beginning is usually key.
    But that's my opinion

9. Captain Monkey

Captain Monkey First Mate

If there wouldn't be this waiting time in pp, I would almost never go the forums. The two work together well

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  10. Tex

Tex Commodore

I am against adding this feature. It's taken a lot of blood, sweat, and grog perfecting my attack strategy. Next thing you know, every player will be using same attacks, just like how all the bases are the same at level 600+. Then the game will become boring. Join an active guild where you can share experiences and tactics. But please don't ruin the game with this feature. :confused:

11. Didn't you attack me recently? And uhm lost? (sorry had to bring that up after this ;))
    But I'm on your side regarding the feature :p

12. Tex

Tex Commodore

Yeah, I was kinda hoping you would keep that between us. :oops:

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  13. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

No offense to the two of you, but uhm.. 5+ Million players, most using the same (or similar) crews to raid, I think it's pretty likely there are many many thousands of people using your super-secret attack strategies :)

Plus, if they added it, it would probably function like a Replay, and we all know how accurate those are. :rolleyes:

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  14. Tex

Tex Commodore

In the original post he mentions ability to "follow" a specific player. I'm sorry, but if I were a Top 100 Player, I wouldn't want the entire PP community stealing my strategy. However, I might be willing to share that "secret-sauce" with my guild mates.

15. I think making it a replay sort of is the only way to truly make this happen. That's why I think it''s best to not implement something like this

16. Bear

Bear Commodore

Agreed with @Kelani that replays would be hoe I'd have to be implemented. So that's a big No thanks from me.

17. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Thats a good point. If I was a top 100 player, I wouldn't want that either.

18. grahvity

grahvity Crew

My intention was that you'd only be able to follow someone in your own guild. Perhaps you'd only be able to do this after a certain minimum amount of time spent in the guild to promote loyalty.

19. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

If it's restricted to viewing in-progress attacks by players in your own guild, then I think it's a pretty good idea. Sure beats staring at that green flag and wondering what the hell they're doing while they're online. Would also be useful to find out who's actually doing some raiding, and who's just logging on and upgrading if they happen to have collected enough funds overnight.

Tex and grahvity like this.
  20. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

dear god...the spreadsheets Kelani would make from that info....

Captain Monkey, Bear and Burnz like this.