Create a 'watch only mode' to I occupy those minutes/hours in between upgrades

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by grahvity, Jan 7, 2015.

1. grahvity

grahvity Crew

My apologies to this fellow you mention in case this gains acceptance. Sounds like a lot of work.

DEVS=GODS

2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

grahvity likes this.
  3. grahvity

grahvity Crew

That's a relief.

4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

5. grahvity

grahvity Crew

6. grahvity

grahvity Crew

7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Too much real-time data. I'd have to write a program to analyze the raids and dump stats for each into the spreadsheets. :)

8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Not really :) Just a necessary evil of running a guild without the needed tools :)

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  9. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Just curious, could you really do that with PP and a normal (not Jailbroken) idevice?

Kelani likes this.
  10. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I'm definitely not an iOS expert, so I could be wrong. :) I think it's possible with a normal idevice, and almost certainly with a jailbroken one. You'd need an OCR screen capture app that could import the data into a database/spreadsheet, or at least pass the data to another utility which can do that. I've done this on PC before. Years ago, I built a company's website, which had a remotely-hosted web chat. For liability reasons, they wanted to track accesses, but the server's owner couldn't provide logs. So, I found a screen OCR program that would periodically grab names, join/quit dates & times for each participant, and save that into a database. All they needed was a cheap PC with that utility, Excel and a web browser. :)

There are screen OCR apps for iOS, but I doubt any of them have that kind of export functionality. Getting the data into a spreadsheet would probably mean someone (not me!) writing a separate utility to grab/export the data from the OCR app.